Changing the oil on my Whipple

T davis

Established Member
How do I check the oil and change he oil on my Whipple supercharger
Thanks

cbr repsol

Established Member
wrong section...

it depends on which whipple u have ? some have a sight glass and others early ones have a dip stick.

If the dip stick u just unthread it and read the stick...like car engine oil checking...i think those take either straight 30 or 50 weight but i would call whipple just to make sure.

If the sight glass it will read in the middle of the window properly filled. U do not want to over or under fill it. There is also a allen headed bolt underneath the snout housing that drains the oil(gets messy) AS far as oil goes u can use ford or gm eaton supercharger fluid. (gm is the same ,however cheaper) Get about 8 oz to be safe.

Last edited:

jdh1213

2.8 Kenne Bell
Established Member
Actually Whipple told me to use a 100% synthetic 5w/50 oil. As far as draining it goes just remove the allen head bolt metioned above. I picked up the 5w/50 oil at NAPA.

cbr repsol

Established Member
Actually Whipple told me to use a 100% synthetic 5w/50 oil. As far as draining it goes just remove the allen head bolt metioned above. I picked up the 5w/50 oil at NAPA.

That will probably work as well .. Mike at whipple rec the stock eaton supercharger oil for my gen 1 I had.

nycarpenter

Established Member
Last edited:

T davis

Established Member
I know I put this is the wrong section but I think questions like this are important and this is what forums are for what might be a dumb question for u may be a ok questions for someone else so thanks to everyOne for there answers

Users who are viewing this thread