Changing leather Recaro to cloth

Lemonth

Established Member
Hey guys, about 2 years ago I got a set of leather Recaros at a good price and been loving them, but after sitting in a friends car who has cloths, I liked the feel of them a lot better. I was wondering if anyone has ever changed the covers on the Recaros, and if so, how hard is it to do? I have no experience with upholstery. Been trying to find a set of covers from a Boss, but wanted to make sure it’s doable first.

jazz05

Established Member
I have both the leather in one car and cloth in the other, prefer the cloth but love the look of the leather

Lemonth

Established Member

Been eyeing those, but hard to justify that cost for covers when I got the entire leather seats for the same price. Do you know if theres any write ups for changing the covers out? I figure it'll be just pull the old one off and the new one on, but don't wanna mess anything up with wiring.

I have both the leather in one car and cloth in the other, prefer the cloth but love the look of the leather
The leathers definitely look great, but the temperature changes suck and cloth is much easier to care for. Also hate that with leathers you slide around a bit.

jazz05

Established Member
Tob has a write up on here for swapping covers, i reference his articles all the time, one of the keystones of our svt community

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I think you’d be better off finding someone with cloth Recaros and just swapping. I love my leather Recaros - best seats I’ve ever had.

imeyers302

Established Member
I added Schroth quick fit pro harnesses. No sliding around whatsoever.

20160806_101802.jpg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I have these same Recaro leather covers--new take off from a Shelby conversion on a zero mile car. If anyone interested in the leather Recaro covers, message me. Front and rears in black just like pic.
-J

Lemonth

Established Member
I have these same Recaro leather covers--new take off from a Shelby conversion on a zero mile car. If anyone interested in the leather Recaro covers, message me. Front and rears in black just like pic.
-J

Put them up on the market, you'll sell them very quickly. I had a ton of offers within the first day whenever I was asking for a swap for cloth. I swapped mine out for some Boss covers too and need to put mine up for sale after I find a way to ship them.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks I will eventually just thought if they could help someone on this thread I'd try. Quick EBay search shows they hold value well.
I love my GT500 Recaros had to order those and the glass roof.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread