Changing everything wet, need some help

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
Hello all,
I just got back from Iraq and want to give the Mystic the once over before we hit the strip and show circuit. I have done a lot of research on the below subjects in regards to fluids, but if you have a idea of what I should use please chime in.

1.) How do you change out the tranny fluid? Is there a drain plug or do you have to take the shifter off?

2.) When changing the radiator fluid, how much should I throw in and what mixture?

3.) Any other fluid that I should change? I already plan ot change the oil (7 qts) and get rid of the gas that has the Sta-bil in it.

Also I notice that when I stop my pedal feels spongey and it's not smooth stop and doesn't do a 100% job of stopping all the time. Do you think this could be air in the system or do I need new pads? I don't hear any noise or anything.

thanks a ton
Jesse

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah if you bleed your brakes that will probably help, for the tranny there is a drain plug at the bottom and you can fill it up by taking off the shifter and pouring it in, I think it takes like 3.5 quarts. And I think the coolant is just a 50/50 mix.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Yeah, like said above, the drain plug is near the bottom of the transmission, and the fill plug is near the top, on right hand side (takes a 3/8 drive ratchet), near the exhaust pipe. I used an oil can with the goose neck, and trigger ... just squirt it in until it just starts to run out of the hole, then put the plug back in quickly.

Coolant recommended mixture is 50/50.

audioqueso

Established Member
Chrome98Cobra and coolguy10786 are both correct. The coolant is a 50/50 mix. I would recommend to replace the fuel filter as well. You got motor oil, differential/gear, coolant, and you could add steering fluids.

2L8IWON

Established Member
cool thanks guys, looking forward to getting the Mystic back in tip top shape!!

white98snake

Established Member
my tranny took 4qts
for the summer u could do a 60/40 mix of water and coolant and throw in some water wetter or purple ice, fuel filter and bleed brakes a bit everything should be good then

2L8IWON

Established Member
My car has 38k miles on it, do I still need to do the IMRC spray? And what Royal purple products should I use in the ride?

Users who are viewing this thread