Changed Set up..03/04 Tune Benefit my 97?

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
besides the fact that some of the computer adjustments are different in the 03.04 Cobra...if i got a AM tune because i bought the SCT X3 new there and i can get free unltd. tunes, i went from longtubes to stock manifold and a few other things and the car runs like crap...

doesnt run right over 3500 rpms...doesnt feel like it pulls at all anymore...unless i got used to the power idk..so would a stock 03/04 cobra tune benefit my car?

it has a KB 1.5 and mods in sig. Thanks, Christian....sorry if this is a useless post..

Ironhand

Banned
Too many differences between cars to even consider using a 03-04 Cobra tune. 03s have 39lbers and you have 42lbers. Im sure that alone will cause problems. Not to mention, you have a return style fuel system and dont have 2 Cobra pumps and an FPDM etc. The list goes on. The only way is a custom tune. You cant short cut it no matter what you do.

Kwik03DSG

Established Member
No way. you have a 90mm LMAF. different from the 03 cobra 85mm setup. terminators have 39lb injectors, you have 42's. different values in the tune. you also have an return setup right? COMPLETELY different than returnless dual pump setup in the 03/04.. your KB isnt an eaton, its more efficient than the eaton, timing and fuel again would have to be adjusted, I could go on and on lol

Pony up the few hundred and get a custom tune, just like everyone else has stated!

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
haha ok i knew the differences int he MAF and injectors but hey figd it wouldnt be off oo too much..an o yea forgot about the dual pumps...well thanks guys...i already had a custom tune just hate justifying spending another 4-600 lol that i spent on it last summer for one..welp..all int he name of fun and the hobby...thanks again guys

Users who are viewing this thread