Chalk up another one for the diesels

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I was driving home last night from a buddies house and apparently I upset a Camaro at one of those lanes that merges from two into one when he couldn't out run my bone stock F250. I saw him whip behind me into the other lane at the next light so I slow rolled up to the line thinking I could mess with him a little. The light turned green and I gassed it and once again he couldn't come around me. I was chuckling at this point. The light after that I came to a full stop and so did he. When it turned green I started moving, but didn't punch it as I wasn't sure he was going to try anything. Oh he did. I should add that up to this point I was never more than 3/4 throttle. When I heard him get on it I floored it and proceeded to pull on him. I figured it was a V6 because of all this. We both turned right at the next street and he did the ricer flyby. That's when I heard his nice V8 exhaust. Oops. .

I don't know exactly what year it was, but judging by the nose it was a 2016+.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Bone stock 6.7 with 120K on the clock. Well, I did upgrade the charge pipes after the stock ones started leaking. I'm sure the red powder coat added a couple hp.

I totally expected to get annihilated. I was just in it for fun. I will say I've surprised more than a few people with this truck.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I don't know what to tell you guys. It doesn't really bother me if you don't believe it. As I said, I expected to get stomped. I'm sure there's a good chance he spun. I had my windows up and stereo loud. So I really didn't hear anything else. Or maybe he was just messing with me, but didn't give it quite enough to get around me.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
We’re talking a Camaro that clearly needs a driver mod here, not sure why anyone doubts a PSD could hurt some feelings…

blk02edge

Established Member
Lol.. I own a 6.7 Cummins...

But please OP let's see you go racing this factory freak of a truck against modern V8 muscle with "no more than 3/4 throttle"

It didn't happen...

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Damn you guys are sensitive. What part of saying I expected to get my ass kicked do you not understand? Or that I even said maybe he was messing with me? Maybe none of you have messed around on the street and lost to someone you shouldn't have. I sure as hell have.

Yes, I've surprised people. But it's usually someone in an import sedan that thinks "big truck slow" so they try to get around me on the freeway.

And here I thought it was good for a laugh. Too damn serious in here.

Users who are viewing this thread