cg fab kit

stangfreak

Established Member
Besides the turbo's and k member, what else needs to be done to make this kit complete? I know its not a complete kit like thp, hpp and hellion. we have to complete the piping as well correct?

LordVader04

Established Member
CG offers a complete hot side/cold side kit, that is what I bought. You have to supply intake, k member, turbos. You also have to consider all of the lines you are going to need for turbo oil feed/return, and you also have to tap your oil pan for return lines, or by one with provisions for oil return.

CG also sells a really nice oil cooler delete, that in my opinion was better than the MMR unit. I had to extend my MAF, IAT1, and IAT2 sensors also. I am probably forgetting a lot of stuff, but I thought the fit of the CG stuff is really nice, and I would buy it again.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 779
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 909
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 735
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 750
Last edited:

LordVader04

Established Member
Thanks, the piping you see in the pics all comes with the CG cold side kit, but I will need to buy a short 90 to connect to the fender well pipe, and I am also using a procharger intake elbow connected to my throttle body.

stangfreak

Established Member
Ok. yea the intake and stuff we have to get. I was told by cg fab that we had to finish off some of the exhaust work and piping which is why I never got the kit. Not sure if my shop I go to will do it. I have to show my tuner

stangfreak

Established Member
ok I know what I have to do. I have to make whatever parts/pieces that are going to connect whatever upper intake manifold I will use, I was told I need to fabricate my own exhaust, and I have to figure out what to do about the radiator expansion tank and everything else that you just mentioned. I really wish HP was still in business. complete kit, good price, and they worked. All my friends cars with those kits all ran in the 8's and never had no problems with the piping and the fitment was spot on. Going to see if my tuner will help me on this build

LordVader04

Established Member
ok I know what I have to do. I have to make whatever parts/pieces that are going to connect whatever upper intake manifold I will use, I was told I need to fabricate my own exhaust, and I have to figure out what to do about the radiator expansion tank and everything else that you just mentioned. I really wish HP was still in business. complete kit, good price, and they worked. All my friends cars with those kits all ran in the 8's and never had no problems with the piping and the fitment was spot on. Going to see if my tuner will help me on this build

The intake connections are pretty easy to source, and I am going to do front bumper exits on the turbo down pipes for my exhaust. The CG fab stuff is nice, but is not plug and play such as a hellion, or the HP kits, but with that being said the CG stuff gives you a lot of the main components at a reasonable price, and also allows you the freedom to include a lot of custom combinations like bigger turbos, different intakes etc.

stangfreak

Established Member
yea I think I am going with the cg fab kit. I am not an expert on turbos so I have to do some research on which ones I want to get. Going twin turbo if I do this build. I would like to have decent size trrbos, bigger than a 57mm, with good spool time. If I go turbo I want to make big power. car will get an auto as well. If I can make 11-1200rwhp through the auto that would be bad ass lol

mkb116

Established Member
You already have the motor and transmission for that kind of power?

NastyNate420

Established Member
I plan on going with a cg fab tt kit. Ive good things about there quality. I just finished building my motor. So it time to start gathering the parts need for the turbo build. Should be getting started in the next 3 months.

stangfreak

Established Member
I plan on going with a cg fab tt kit. Ive good things about there quality. I just finished building my motor. So it time to start gathering the parts need for the turbo build. Should be getting started in the next 3 months.

Nice. what turbos are you going with?

NastyNate420

Established Member
Im only going for 1000rwhp and I want some thats going to spool quickly since the car is mostly street driven.
I still havent made up my mind yet tho!

Users who are viewing this thread