Ceramic window tint worth it?

SHOdown220

Established Member
Anyone running ceramic window tint? I’ve had all of my vehicles tinted for the last decade and have never been offered ceramic tint. I got a quote from my tint guy at work for my dd and he recommended doing ceramic for triple the price. Is it worth the added cost?

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
100% it is. Tints com along ways. It’ll keep cooler (better uv protection) as well as keeps glare down too. Since switching to it, wouldn’t tint any further cars without it.

ETH

Millennial Boomer
Established Member
I will third this ceramic tint is worth it.

3x the price though? Is the tint overpriced or is the other stuff too cheap? :LOL:

Blown 89

Established Member
It's worth it. My volt has ceramic and with truck has regular. There's a huge difference

ToddW702

Established Member
Another vote for worth it. Do the windshield too with 50% or higher and it will cut a lot of heat and UV.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You won't regret it. Well worth the extra cost! You might want to at least get one or two other prices on ceramic tint before you go with that shop.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes. Worth every penny.

Even a 70% clear windshield is very effective and won't draw unwanted attention.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Just had it installed on my wrx and it is noticeably cooler inside. Texas heat 95 degrees last few weeks. I paid about $100 over the regular tint.

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
$300 is a great deal for a full car done with ceramic. Worth it gets my vote.
Here is a good heat reduction comparison video.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I had my front window's tinted on Saturday and went with carbon tint over ceramic because it didn't feel worth the benefit when I'm only doing the front windows. In the past, I've always had the cheapest (dyed) film and carbon is supposed to be a step up, so it was a win for me. The guy who did mine only offers carbon or ceramic.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Thanks guys, sounds like it's worth it to shell out the extra expense, even then it still seems like a fair price. Heat reduction is a big concern of mine as I spend my lunch breaks every day in my car in a big open parking lot, no shade to be found. My work beater a/c works great when moving but when sitting at idle it struggles to keep the inside very cool on a hot day.

96dreamer

Established Member
Had my wife's Bronco done with 50% ceramic on the windshield when we first got it. Told her that being done on my truck was the only thing I wanted for fathers day. Definitely worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread