• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Ceramic Pro 9H

Discussion in 'Show'n'Shine Saloon' started by tones_RS3, Jul 5, 2018.

1. tones_RS3

tones_RS3 I like members members. Premium Member Established Member

Does anyone have any experience/knowledge with this ceramic coating? I'm highly considering it. I currently have Cquartz Finest on the truck and am thinking of getting the Ceramic Pr 9H applied, maybe later this year before winter or early next summer.
    Is it as good as it states? I was very satisfied with the Cquartz Finest, but I see with the Ceramic Pro 9H, there's a lifetime guarantee. Is that correct? It's pretty expensive and just want to know if it's worth the money. I don't mind paying the $$$ if it's worth it.

2. NastyGT500

NastyGT500 Naples Premier Detailer! Established Member

Warranties/guarantees IMO, are a fine edged sword. You MUST adhere to the maintenance schedule/etc or else it will be null and void.

I am also very wary of 'lifetime' or high year claims. Nothing has been tested, to my knowledge, for a lifetime or even 5+ years of daily driving.

As far as coatings go in general, they all have similar characteristics/properties. Some do some things better than others. (sheeting vs beeding, self cleaning, resistant to water spots etc) And for the most part they are all very good.

Some companies do an awesome job of marketing vs the others.

If you are happy with what you have, stick with it. Also see what the cost is; versus re-doing your car multiple times with another product.

Hope this helps you!

Revvv, csvt98, 98 svt and 2 others like this.
  3. M91196

M91196 Well-Known Member Established Member

Are coatings like automotive batteries?

Just 3-4 companies private labeling a core formula with small tweaks for these individual companies?

I haven’t seen a lot of marketing videos that show brand specific staff chemists and in house packaging.

Not that this makes any product bad, just gives perspective.

I do like the self re-sealing coatings, those seem like they may be worthy of a premium.

tones_RS3 likes this.
  4. Merlinii

Merlinii Worlds Shiniest HD F-150! Established Member

Very well said!!!

If you would like to discuss "off-line" (or just say hello) I'll be glad to share my thoughts with you.
    Phone
    Why voice "off-line"? There are many factors...marketing, product(s), installer preperation and skill.
    I will be glad to discuss voice (I'm old Skool) the pros & cons. Not all product(s)/installers are equal.

ida-cd-sv-small-142x104-58.png

tones_RS3 likes this.
  5. tones_RS3

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

6. csvt98

csvt98 Road Course Ringer Established Member

All of this. CP's Lifetime claim is done because you go in once a year and they can "touch up" the coating. CP's marketing is great, I think their product is slipping compared to IGL, Gtechniq, and even some consumer grade products like Kamikaze and Gyeon. If I were you OP, CQ Finest is a great product and if you like it keep to it. Everything is going to be a great product out of everything named in this thread, CP included.

Definitely do not buy into warranties, anything can happen. Also remember, clearcoat is not even lifetime!

tones_RS3 likes this.
  7. AdamR@Gotham

[email protected] Member Established Member

As a former accredited Gtechniq and Ceramic Pro detailer I will say that to me Ceramic Pros pricing is a bit much. I really liked the Gtechniq Cyrstal Serum. Great gloss, hard as a rock. Top it with a few coats of Exo. That said Im going to be trying some SB3 coating soon.

tones_RS3 likes this.
  8. AdamR@Gotham

[email protected] Member Established Member

Not sure were in MA you are but contact Brian at Nano Surfaces Solutions about SB3 coatings. He's in Douglas

Dip Dungles and tones_RS3 like this.
  9. tones_RS3

Awesome man.
    I appreciate the info. Thanks!

[email protected] likes this.
  10. Dip Dungles

Dip Dungles Pew Pew Premium Member Established Member

Brian took care of my Classics and is tackling my Lexus GS350.

tones_RS3 and [email protected] like this.