Ceramic coating with rids?

96dreamer

Established Member
I bought some McKee's 37 ceramic pain coating to try out on my and wifes cars. Hers is a 2016 fusion with the tri coat paint. The paint is in pretty good shape aside from a few scratches that im not to worried about. My cobra on the other hand has paint that is several years old and while it is in relatively good shape it is not without its issues. There are several spots with rids that im pretty sure will not come out and it has its fare share of rock chips on the front end/hood. The hood is probably the worst. I know ceramic is supposed to have as good of a finish as possible to adhere too but am I wasting my time if its not 100%. Will the coating fail or will the scratches just be visible for as long as the coating lasts?

hoamskilet

Established Member
When it comes to a coating adhering to paint, it's more about any oils or contaminates being left behind by any products you used before applying the coating. Yes, whatever defects you leave in the paint will remain visible, but as long as you use something like Eraser, IPA, or any prodcuct line specific paint prep, the coating should bond just fine

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Browse through Nate's recent thread before deciding what you might do or not do. I'm not suggesting you duplicate his efforts/work. Just pointing out how important the detailing steps/preps. The better the prep, the better the result. Pay careful attention to hoamskilet's post above. Post a couple of photos of your cars after you finish.
https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/2016-range-rover-autobiography.1140122/

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
When it comes to a coating adhering to paint, it's more about any oils or contaminates being left behind by any products you used before applying the coating. Yes, whatever defects you leave in the paint will remain visible, but as long as you use something like Eraser, IPA, or any prodcuct line specific paint prep, the coating should bond just fine

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

This

Users who are viewing this thread