Ceramic coating raw aluminum wheels??? Used Adams and got a haze

Franco

Established Member
Hey just my 2 cents but I’ve coated numerous aluminum wheels and the haze comes from the coating flashing over quickly on the porous surface.
The proper way to coat the wheels is polish as normal then apply a ceramic primer like car pro essence or CeramicPro nano polish ensure easy removal of whatever coating you use.
As far as removing the haze and coating that’s on there now, simply repolish the wheels as normal and start over.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Update:
I used the G Techniq wheel armor on one wheel, and I am pretty happy with the results. The wheel retained it's shine. However, it just doesn't have that ultra smooth feeling to it when I touch it, like the Adam's wheel coating does. (All 4 barrels are still coated in the Adam's).
I'm hoping the GT stuff holds up well. Next step I think would be to go with the WG stuff.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
^^Good deal. Glad it looks good for you. You don't have to worry about the 'protection' , it will be great.

Yeah, some coatings are 'grabby' while others are 'slick'. No worries, you need to keep your d!ck beaters off your wheels anyway! LOL

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
^^Good deal. Glad it looks good for you. You don't have to worry about the 'protection' , it will be great.

Yeah, some coatings are 'grabby' while others are 'slick'. No worries, you need to keep your d!ck beaters off your wheels anyway! LOL

Haha thanks for the help and the heads up Nasty

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Thread is worthless without pictures!!! ;)
Haha I've only done the one wheel so far. Been super busy. The car is at the shop getting the motor built, so they are not on the car yet anyway.
I'll post a pic when I get all 4 polished up though!

Users who are viewing this thread