Ceramic Coat

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I'm not skilled enough to wetsand my car, like blue 07, so I opted to have it professionally ceramic coated. After a great deal of research, including much-appreciated advice from NastyGT500, I decided to go with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra topped with EXO. Then, it was time to find a shop I could trust to do it right. There are only a few in Colorado that are Gtechniq-certified, narrowing the research in this arena. One took weeks to respond to my inquiry. Another responded quickly, confirming availability to do the work nearly two months in the future. Both of these provided boilerplate and (what I considered to be) high cost estimates.

Thankfully, the third response came from Ding Magic. Their initial estimate was (what I considered to be) fair, and included an invitation to visit the shop, see the facilities, and meet the lead detailer. Doing so a few weeks ago clinched the plan. This week's weather was great, so it was time. When I dropped her off on Wednesday, the staff reminded me I was welcome to check progress any time over the next couple of days they'd have my car. I did so at least once daily, and was always pleased with what I found. I picked her up on Friday evening. The coating needs to finish curing over the next couple of days, but I'm already pleased with what I see... The whole car (including door jambs, under hood, headlights, tailights, brake calipers, wheel faces & barrels, and stripes) was fully detailed (including steam cleaning of the wheel wells & barrels), corrected, and coated.

We'll see how it holds up in the coming months/years but, as of now, I'd recommend both Gtechniq and Ding Magic.

1.jpg 2.jpg
3.jpg 4.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That came out really nice. Probably a great decision with your black paint.

Can I ask what they charged? Only to help others who might come to this thread get an idea of how much a proper ceramic coat detailing job goes for.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Factors that affect price include the brand of ceramic coat (I looked at several different ones), the warranties offered within each product line (the ones I encountered varied between 2 years and 9 years), the amount of correction required (i.e., did the person providing an estimate perceive only light swirls or deep scratches), the areas included (e.g., calipers, wheel faces, wheel barrels, under hood, etc), the number of coating layers (i.e., a single application or multiple products designed to work in combination with each other), and whether the detailer is certified to apply the product(s) being used. Even after doing my best to compare "apples to apples," initial estimates I received from various places offering differing product lines ranged from $600 to $2600. It was like asking how much a Mustang costs, without specifying whether you want a Mustang II from a salvage yard or a Shelby off the showroom floor!

The price I paid was in the middle of the pack, at $1500 and, also notably, within the initial estimate I was quoted.

Last edited:

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Nice looks awesome! Money well spent! looks like I could stick my hand right thru it lol looks liquid.... got me thinking now.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Norton: I'm happy to hear you found a reputable shop. It sounds like they nailed the customer service aspect of detailing. Very nice, makes me glad to know shops like this are out there!

You will not be disappointed at all with the product you chose. It will provide years and years of good looks and excellent protection with proper maintenance and care.

Keep us posted!

gt347mustang

Established Member
I'd like to see this car in person. I'm in Colorado too. Been contemplating getting ceramic on my black gtr.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice. Looks great.
My truck is ceramic coated with Cquartz Finest and is absolutely worth the money spent.

_Ghost_

Established Member
I got Gtechniq Ceramic coating done on my black 2014 GT, last year you won't regret it! Keeping it clean is literally a joke, even a hard rain will make it look great.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Wow, looks like they went all out!

Your coating should last a long time especially being garage kept. I had the mustang done using cquartz and it's still holding up great. I had that coating put on fall of 2016.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
they did a great job. i really think those rims are underrated and look amazing.
Agreed. You should see them in the dark Performance pack color. Selling these Norton BTW, need to drop down to 18” in rear, making too much power:
CC3305B1-F729-43E0-8E18-CED012A7E850.png

Nothing beats a clean black car though!
-J

Users who are viewing this thread