centrifugal s550 build path

blackthorn

Hi all!

I am curious on everyone’s opinion on the best path to a centrifugal build.

Right now my path includes adding a cobra jet manifold and cams before I add the centrifugal. IE... setting it up for a higher rpm build. Not sure if this is worth it, but I have not seen a centrifugal and a cobra jet manifold with much details or 1/4 mile numbers.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
To my understanding the cobra jet needs a machined spacer to raise it up on the paxton/vortech kits. With a procharger kit you still need to make a 3" round to 5" oval 90 fitting to adapt to the throttle body. If a company sold that silicone fitting I would have a cobra jet on my car.

Some people have had issues with sealing the coupler on the oval throttle body with boost. Then again i have seen the setup used on a 1200whp coyote swap fox with no issues.

lenny127

Established Member
18 manifold , blower , fuel system , e85 , headers .... don't need much else unless its a serious dedicated racer

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
I'm running a procharger with my cobrajet and twin 65 on my 11' GT. I had a custom intake tube made to make it all work, however, there are people who have used adapter rubber couplings that would work just fine as well. Here is a link to where you can get adapter couplings 90 Degree Reducing Elbows: Intake Hoses. At about 9lbs of boost I made around 630 at the wheels. As of now, I'm making 12lbs but don't know what the rwhp is.

20190205_093427.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread