Centrifigul Guys at 10#.. How much total timing and rpm are you running?

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Build is mostly finished and we're working on the tune..
Car has a V3si with an A2A and 3.33 pulley.. How much total timing are you guys running and what rpm are you limiting yourselves too.
Stock motor.. Want a safe tune.
reservoir by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
What rpm are you making 10 psi at is the question.. I was making 10psi at 6500 on my stock engine, didn't last very long. I would keep it at 8psi at 7000rpm max if you want it to last.

ZeroDCX

Established Member
What rpm are you making 10 psi at is the question.. I was making 10psi at 6500 on my stock engine, didn't last very long. I would keep it at 8psi at 7000rpm max if you want it to last.

This! 14* max also. But then again that depends on the setup, each car is different.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I would run that pulley and see what it makes.. Then buy a bigger one.. Running a 3.6" would probably make it last the longest.

greasy

SVT Noob
Established Member
Not sure about my timing, but I am running around 12.5-13 lbs. at 7K for the past 3 years on my Novi 2000. Car still runs strong and no issues (knock on wood).

Engine bay looks amazing BTW, good stuff!

IMG-20130524-00293_zps28764725.jpg

Last edited:

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I'd rather run more boost and less RPM considering the rods are the weak point.. I make retarded amounts of power with my pushrod car using the same method to keep it together.. Car will never spin higher than 6500 RPM..
I don't know how much boost it makes yet but the 3.33 will likely stay. I'm at 5000 feet above sea level..

ZeroDCX

Established Member
Not sure about my timing, but I am running around 12.5-13 lbs. at 7K for the past 3 years on my Novi 2000. Car still runs strong and no issues (knock on wood).

Engine bay looks amazing BTW, good stuff!

IMG-20130524-00293_zps28764725.jpg

That's seriously pushing it! I gather you don't beat on your motor a lot. Is your car a daily driver?

I'd rather run more boost and less RPM considering the rods are the weak point.. I make retarded amounts of power with my pushrod car using the same method to keep it together.. Car will never spin higher than 6500 RPM..
I don't know how much boost it makes yet but the 3.33 will likely stay. I'm at 5000 feet above sea level..

If you're dead set on more boost earlier on, why not run a wastegate setup and limit boost to 8-10psi?

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
That's seriously pushing it! I gather you don't beat on your motor a lot. Is your car a daily driver?

If you're dead set on more boost earlier on, why not run a wastegate setup and limit boost to 8-10psi?
No. Not even my #1 Mustang. Just a cruiser. You missed the part where I'm at 5000 ft. There's no need for a wastegate

greasy

SVT Noob
Established Member

The car comes out in April and goes back into hibernation in late October/early November. It gets driven maybe 3K miles a year if I take it out a lot. I do flog her pretty damn good, but the motor letting go is always in the back of my mind.

ZeroDCX

Established Member
No. Not even my #1 Mustang. Just a cruiser. You missed the part where I'm at 5000 ft. There's no need for a wastegate

I gotcha about the altitude, but I'm stating to aid your problem with getting more boost at lower rpms, you could run a wastegate (post intercooler/pre throttle body). This way you can regulate max psi while running a smaller pulley to generate boost sooner. You would be able to rev as high as you wish without concerning yourself about producing to much boost, as you would just bleed off excess air. This would effectively shift the centri's linear power band to the left (more overall power under the curve) and potentially broaden your peak power output after the wastegate comes into effect.

The car comes out in April and goes back into hibernation in late October/early November. It gets driven maybe 3K miles a year if I take it out a lot. I do flog her pretty damn good, but the motor letting go is always in the back of my mind.

Gotcha! That's what I thought. She looks way to pristine to be a DD car!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread