Centri MS3PNP Temp Sensor Placement

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I will be installing a Procharger and MS3PNP on my 03 Mach 1 soon and I need to figure out what to do with the temp sensor. I will not be running a MAF Sensor as it is not needed.

Do I have some sort of threaded bingo to screw a Temp Sensor into the piping? The intake manifold? How is it done on the cars that have the temp sensor separate from the MAF?

I am not running a prebuilt kit, I am doing my own setup.

Anyone still ridin’ with Biden or is gas too expensive for y’all?

96dreamer

Established Member
I'm running a gm temp sensor in the intake pipe post intercooler in the fender before it goes into the throttle body. I didn't want to have to worry about heat soak with it on the intake. I believe this is the best way to go about it. I'm also running a ms3pro(ultimate) with a Novi 2000.

Sent from my SM-G991U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
On my 01 Cobra I ran a Lightning sensor. There was a bung welded to the pipe just past the stock MAF location.

FWIW, I wouldn't leave out the MAF just yet. I ran speed density originally and my car is doing much better with the MAF in place.

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
Generally IAT sensor is near throttle body. Since that will be the actual temp of air going in to the engine.
Threaded would prob be best. But you can also use a tight fitted rubber grommet in a drilled hole for the sensor.

1slowhemi

I tapped the intake manifold on cylinder 8. Figured that would be a worse case scenario for air Temps. Granted this is on a frpp intake on a 3v

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I'm running a gm temp sensor in the intake pipe post intercooler in the fender before it goes into the throttle body. I didn't want to have to worry about heat soak with it on the intake. I believe this is the best way to go about it. I'm also running a ms3pro(ultimate) with a Novi 2000.

Sent from my SM-G991U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

This is exactly what I did.

MS3Pro pnp, LS IAT style sensor/pigtail with a 3/8" NPT bung welded into the charge pipe. Right about where the MAF/stock IAT would sit

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Generally IAT sensor is near throttle body. Since that will be the actual temp of air going in to the engine.
Threaded would prob be best. But you can also use a tight fitted rubber grommet in a drilled hole for the sensor.
His tap needs to be threaded since it’s going to see boost pressure from the centri. A rubber grommet no matter how tightly it fits will end up blowing out of the pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread