Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch Hp/Tq ratings?

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I have a Centerforce DF clutch in my car and I am trying to find the hp/tq ratings. I looked around a little and found people running over 500hp with them but I havent seen where the manufacture lists a maximum for each. It just says "These clutch-and-disc sets are designed for engines producing high horsepower and big torque outputs."

I am not worried about my hp but right now but I make 470tq. I am having my car tuned here soon and I am expecting over 500rwtq. I want to make sure it can hold that.

Anyone know their ratings or have this clutch making a lot of power?

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
No one knows or has had any experience with CF?

ctgreddy

Established Member
I dont see too many guys floating around here with them, most guys are either spec or rxt with a few promotion centerforce and ram sprinkled now and again.

but, on lethals site it says the dual frictino is used on a lot of their 600whp twin screw cars, which are usually in the 525-550wtq area, so i'd say you're good up to that point atleast.

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
Why not step up to a DFX? I have one and DD it about 200 miles a week with no problems. Aside from a little bit of engagement noise when it's stone cold in the morning, I think it's perfect. Chatter is minimal too, you learn to drive a certain way to avoid it all together.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Because I just got this clutch 1,000 miles ago or something and not wanting to change unless I have to.

BOD89LX

Established Member
I ran one for 2 years in my foxbody making 640rwhp and 625rwtq worked great I had many low 10 second passes on it before the trans broke, then switched to a turbo set up made 710rwhp and 750rwtq and the new trans held up but the clutch didn't switched to the DFX and it held up but trans broke again then I switched to a auto.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
^ Good to know thanks.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
^ Thats a lot of power. I race my car a lot which is why IM trying to figure it out.

MrCaliKrome

Established Member
What are the pros/cans of the going to the DFX over the Dual Friction for a daily driver car with occasional days at the strip on a car that makes under 550 HP / 550 TQ ?

I have a dual friction and it started slipping the other day after running at the drag strip. I'm putting down 483 / 501 but want to make sure I get a clutch that will hold up to 550 without sacrificing the ability to drive around town in traffic or just cruise as this is a convertible not a drag car.

SVTDice

Established Member
I'm suprised nobody has mentioned Promotion clutches yet. I've heard good things about them. My buddy has Promotion clutch and its a solid clutch for sure. Good pedal feel, grabs great. Etc

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Powershift03 had Centerforce Dual Friction clutch and he was making 585hp I believe and it was his daily. I don't really recall him ever having a complaint about it. I have a Spec in mine when I bought it. If I ever had to buy another, I'd go McCleod (Spelling?).

Users who are viewing this thread