Center lane merge?

bones srt-4

yep,still a neon.
Established Member
i think most turning lanes have arrows painted on them showing which way you can turn. if you are using it to merge into traffic aren't you going in the opposite direction of said arrow ? i believe that in itself would make it illegal.

BlackVenom99

Established Member
These aren't typically marked, or have one arrow after the other alternating directions.

The center lane will become a turn lane for a specific street within however many feet of an intersection, otherwise it is intended for both directions of traffic to stop and turn into the shops on both sides of the highway.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
this was 100% covered in the other thread

I noticed in another thread,it was mentioned that it was illegal to merge from the center lane.
I'm talking about Fl. but would be open to other states as I do travel when I can.
Multi lane highway 2-3 lanes going each direction with a center "multi use" lane(either direction of travel can use it to pull into to wait to make a turn.)

I'm curious now, as I typically use this lane to turn into to get halfway "out". I then stop and wait till I can go, when an opening comes I'll accelerate while moving over but probably have at least a tire still occupying the center lane for I'd say approx. 50ft(depends on how sporty I'm driving, I can get fully merged within a car length or so but it's smoother to use a bit more distance).

Is this type of "merge" the illegal use, or is it actually driving along waiting for something to "open up"?

I know it's not for driving in, I just hope it's ok to use so that I don't have to make the complete turn if there's heavy traffic and I can make it to the middle.

Thanks for your help, And if any Tampa bay area police read this, I ask please that your department does more dui checkpoints or something it's getting hairy out there.
(seriously I wouldn't mind a longer drive as long as I knew the guy next to me was sober)

Users who are viewing this thread