Cell Phone Scammers Driving Me Crazy - Any Viable Solutions??

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
I've been using AT&T cell service for 15 years. The past few years have witnessed an incredible surge of spam/scam calls on my cell. It's pizzing me off to no end.

For the past 6 months, I've been using HIYA, which is a well-known spam blocker with generally good ratings. HIYA works OK, but calls still ring once or twice even after I 'block' them. Plus, even after blocked the robocaller still often leaves a voice message (IRS demands, Arrest warrants issued.. police on way to pick me up, etc, etc), and the calls are cluttering up my phone logs endlessly. Yesterday I had in excess of 30 calls logged, most of which did not ring (only because I am in "Do Not Disturb" mode), and I had 5 voicemails from assorted robocaller machines. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

My phone is an older Samsung Note3 running Android 5.0. I would be most appreciative of any suggestions to mitigate or eliminate the endless calls. I am willing to pay just about anything, or switch carrier, or perhaps even get new cell number.

Anyone got any workable solutions for this issue, or maybe can steer me to someplace online that has some answers???? Thanks

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Robo calls are impossible to get removed from but if its a real live person you can have so much fun with them.

The best one is to start giving them some bogus information then tell them you need to go and plop the phone down. Go about your business and see how long they stay on the phone. So far my best time is close to an hour from some chinese woman.

I doubt we will all be free of spam callers but with a few minutes of your time you can get the ones that aren't good at what they do.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
As I have said in other threads on this topic, if I have time to answer the phone I turn it into an obscene phone call. I have asked women if I buy do I get to **** you? Latest one went something like this:

Me: suffering through the robo part.
Real guy: Hello, I understand you are suffing chronic pain?
me: yeah I am ... on the regular
him: oh I am, so sorry is this back pain
me: no
him: what kind of pain are you having
me: in my dick everytime she uses her teeth
him: *click*

A little entertainment for me, and wastes his time ...

fun to drag them on before saying something like "you sound kinda hot, what are you wearing?"

CV355

_
Established Member
As I have said in other threads on this topic, if I have time to answer the phone I turn it into an obscene phone call.

One time I answered, realized it was a human telemarketer, and pretended to be in the bathroom engaging in a horrendous butt-exorcism. I kept hearing "sir, sir, are you there? Are you ok?"

allister

Established Member
I've been getting a lot of calls and have done some things that have seemed to help. I don't have a voicemail setup. I won't answer a lot of calls, and if I'm not sure if it's a spammer or not, if you just pick up without saying anything, it will automatically disconnect if you don't say hello if it's a spammer. If it's a real person, at some point they'll probably try saying hello. You can google a number too, if it's a legit business it will show up or sometimes it will say it's a spammer calling.

Dave M

Established Member
I use robokiller. Costs $1.00/mo but it is by far the best app I've found to block robocalls. You get to waste their time too, since you can have a bot answer the call and run them through a bunch of stupid questions, and it records it for you to listen to later.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I use robokiller. Costs $1.00/mo but it is by far the best app I've found to block robocalls. You get to waste their time too, since you can have a bot answer the call and run them through a bunch of stupid questions, and it records it for you to listen to later.

That's awesome! I've started using my Google Assistant screen call feature recently to block scammers.

Users who are viewing this thread