CAUTION DIAL UP: Mustang Fun Ford Weekend.

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
Some shots from the Mustang Fun Ford Weekend in Ennis Texas. Since this is a 03 group. I'll keep the subject on 03's. BUT, there were a lot of awesome cars out there folks!

I'll tell you what, 03 owners BETTER be careful of some Lightning driving around. I have never seen so many FAST street Lightnings. The MAJORITY were in the mid to high 12's, with a few in the tip top of the 11's. These things were hauling butt!

Anyway, It was a GREAT time and some GREAT cars and trucks!

If anyone wants anymore pix's, let me know...

Some pix's for your viewing pleasure....

ennis7.jpg

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Where did the MachI come from? Did someone from Ford bring it or are they out on the mainland?

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
The black coupe was flying a MM FF windshield banner. I don't know if it was one of their project car or not. The car had a different TB and what was interesting was it had the stock air box with NO FILTER at all. I guess a few runs with no filter won't give you the old "Italian hone job" as we used to refer to it back the 70's. I didn't see the brand on the rotors, but they looked hot!

The Mach 1 was with the Ford folks. It had Michigan dealer plates. It was
SLOWWWWW, but also appeared to be completely stock.

If I posted any pictures of people on this board, I'd love to get some feedback. Plus I have many shots of all the 03's in action.

I didn't see the 360R run. I think these have a puffer on them?

I'm still blown away by the trap times and speed of the Lightnings. I've
seen a few run in the past, but there must of been 20-30 of them out there today. I have a GREAT background of 2 staged, 2 doing pre stage burns and 2 waiting to come up...

I have a Cobra, but that doesn't mean I don't respect and enjoy the SVT Lightning trucks also. If I had the $$$$$. I'd have both!

Mac03Cobra

03DOHC

Established Member
What kind of digital camera do you have? Those are some very clear and detailed pictures!

mustangtaz

mustangtaz
Established Member
Black 03 Cobra at Ennis

:coolman: The black 03 Cobra in the previous pictures is the one I worked on that morning. The owner's name is Curtis (can not remember his last), lives in Houston. The car has run mid 11s and was dynoed at 503 RWHP. That unique TB and runner are Paul's Performance pieces.

The MM&FF decal was a requirement to be able to compete.

William
'03 Cobra
'00 ZX12R

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
mustangtaz,

The car was sweet. I heard him get out of it about 7/8 track to keep from breaking out. I see a time of 12.0 in my picture, but I thought it was different when he ran later on in the day.

What brand were the rotors? You mentioned you worked on it?

Other answers;

The camera is an Olympus C2100 Ultra Zoom. It will go 10X power zoom. I wrote down my settings, but I don't have them with me. It takes incredible pictures. 2.1 meg.

I don't know who the girl was driving the 03. She was in the staging lanes in the car with the window up. I wasn't sure if she
was actually racing the car, but my wife said she saw her put on the helmet. I HAD TO SEE her run, and she did excellent. She had a very good leave.

She was a couple of cars behind the other 03 with the slicks.

The guy with the slicks had a very tough start. Something happened and it sounded like the car stalled off the line. The car looked like it would run hard. He had a dial in of 13.6, but I'm
sure he was double footing it also.

There was another girl in a 2002 GT right behind the girl in the 03. She was dialed in at 14.56. Very clean MG GT.

Here's another shot of the Mach 1. I'll keep this one a little big if someone wants a back ground pix.

A lot of stangs out there today.

Just a FYI.. I saw PRO 5's going for 145.00.

mach1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread