Votes: 194 48.7%
  • no cats

Votes: 204 51.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fubu795

Banned
I never got dynoed to provide the correct answer but I do know my car ran 11.97 so far and is easily good for 11.50s once I can launch better.

Broke7 has my same exhaust and look as his times, INSANE.

I'd have to say even it I loose 10 HP with no cats I wouldnt care, the sound is simply amazing :)

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
I have the magnaflow catted x pipe and catback...I have been thinking about chopping the cats off, adding bassani mid-lengths and replacing the magnaflow mufflers with magnapacs. I have the KB as you all know. Do you think I will lose power with the new setup?

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
I never saw a huge difference going catless as far as power was concerned. The only two things i did notice was the loss of back pressure in lower rpms and the car becoming considerably louder.

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
Originally posted by sambandit
I lost 5 hp and 10 tq when I hollowed out my cats. Take that for whatever it's worth!

No flame intended but,

I don't think it's worth much....I have seen that variation between pulls with no changes in mods. :shrug: on different dyno's even.

Dave

Last edited:

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
So you guys are seeing a loss with the cats off? I thought having them off gained HP..?

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
GUSSIN!!! can't wait to chop those things off, and scare old people in South Pasadena... haha

Marc

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by combatstang
GUSSIN!!! can't wait to chop those things off, and scare old people in South Pasadena... haha

Marc
ur fuggin crazy marc I need some MIL eliminators.

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
I was scraping speed bumps and took mine off last Thurs. I definitely lost some power down low. Just doesn't get up and go like before. I might have gained something up top but don't get up there very often on my daily commute. With Stinger and mid-length headers the sound is deafening and kinda crappy WOT. I am going to order some of the smaller Bassani cats that flow better ASAP before I lose my hearing.

You might gain something if you are running big KB boost. If you have a pulley I wouldn't do it. I know I lost something and Amazon says they have dyno proof.

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
I have the new cats that come with the new Xpipe, but I didn't put them on because I always thought that you gained HP not putting them on. I've got mild mods right now, but plan on doing a 2.8 with tune soon. Should I have them back on?

coleman

Established Member
1. no cats -- less back-pressure
2. no cats -- illegal
3. cats -- expensive & may need to replace
4. cats -- more boost because of less back pressure

my cats were blown out the exhaust & have been running w/o cats for some time & didn't even know it.
now, i had some new cats installed because most shops are squemish about working on a car w/o cats.

i'm doing my due dilligence to be legal, but if they do get blown out again -- i won't be replacing them.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Take it for what its worth. I gained 20rwhp 10rwtq going from the stock H to a catless H. Here is my graph :p

hpipe_large.jpg

coleman

Established Member
Juiced46, why does it say "aggressive tune"?

That could simply be due to the difference between a stock-H & aftermarket-H ... not necessarily 100% due to the removal of the cats.

Then again, clogged cats alone could kill performance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread