catch can setups

allgo90

Established Member
Im currently running breathers but my engine bay is getting too dirty and i want to switch to a catch can. post up pics so i can get ideas:beer:

allgo90

Established Member
thanks, i was just looking at that one and im about to order it....anyone have pics of them mounted in our engine bay? i want to get ideas where to mount it and what lines to get.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Ill get some pics of mine... I have one that I setup that uses a huksy filter..Looks very similar to the steeda except it cost around $20

MGC-STCK

Established Member
CobraIntercooler010.jpg

i got it at homedepot for $12 works great:banana:

Last edited:

Helomech74

Established Member
That's not really a catch can, more like an oil separator. Nice clean engine bay though.

I don't have any good pics of mine, but you can kind of see it in this picture. You can see the fittings I made for the valve covers in the pic, and you can see where I placed the catch can in the top of the photo.
DSC00289.gif

Last edited:

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
i got the husky set up. you can see it in the top right of pic. not a bad set up for under 30 bucks:beer:
DSC00798-1.gif

allgo90

Established Member
thanks helomech that's what I was looking for. Can you tell me where I can get those lines and what size fittings I need for our valve covers? Thanks

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Do you guys use catch cans on both sides of the PCV system? I have on the driver and passenger side. They're only catch cans though, no filter I'm wondering if it's actually counterproductive.

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
What's on your coolant bypass tube scotty?

it's part of my head cooling mod. I am working on fitting a t in the upper rad hose for it, but untill then thats where it returns from the head. and it works really good. On a 100 deg day the hottest my drivers side head has gotten is 190-195. so its a good idea with a boosted motor.:beer:

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
Interesting. Is it a kit or did you make it yourself? Did you have to pull the trans? Any before temps?

Helomech74

Established Member
thanks helomech that's what I was looking for. Can you tell me where I can get those lines and what size fittings I need for our valve covers? Thanks

I used a Moroso small catch can with -10AN fittings. I just bought 6 feet of stainless -10AN line from Summit (you can use pushlock rubber line if you choose as well.) I bought all the fittings from Summit, and also acquired a few fittings from work. The fittings in the head were made in my garage. I bought some -10AN male/male unions and machined the threads off of one end (basically made it look like the side of the PCV valve that pushes into the rubber grommet.) Then I machined down the center of the fitting to make it round, and stippled it to give it some grip. Pushed it into the rubber grommets and attached the -10AN line to those. Later on I plan on making some more fittings, but welding them to the valve cover instead. I tee'd the passenger side and driver side lines together and ran one line into the catch can. I mounted the catch can between the battery and fuse box. I made a bracket out of aluminum and attached it to the fuse box holder with HyLocks. It fits perfectly. I pull it out every oil change and dump it (it usually has water and oil sludge in it.)

It's a little more expensive then the oil separator setups, but I prefer the catch can anyway.

Helomech74

Established Member
[quote
DSC00289.gif

I think we all need to see some more pics of this car!!!!!:rockon:

Not much to see. It looks like every other black 98 Cobra with FR500's. I stripped the wheels and powdercoated them a Chrome silver. They were really beat up (I paid 200 bucks for the wheels). So, I had to refinish them. Other then that it looks like all the other cars out there. I spent all the money under the hood, and under the car. :)

Users who are viewing this thread