Catalytic converter question

Otroo

Established Member
Okay so last year I bought a '13 gt with a lethal X pipe on it. Now the previous owner left the cats and H pipe in the trunk. Well yesterday I took it in for an emissions test and it failed the visual. Now my question is if am putting on the stock H pipe and cats on today do I need a returne or not? I only have to drive like 4 miles in total to get retested then off comes the stock stuff and back goes the X pipe. I no longer have the tuner cause someone else liked it better then I did and stole it from me the last time I was at the track. Thanks

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
You may have to load your stock tune and drive it a bit so everything comes up as ready. Normally it takes a couple hundred miles once you load a new tune for all of your sensors to show ready. Does your state even hook up to the obd port? If not just throw the stock stuff on and drive it up there, no need to load stock tune

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Otroo

Established Member
You may have to load your stock tune and drive it a bit so everything comes up as ready. Normally it takes a couple hundred miles once you load a new tune for all of your sensors to show ready. Does your state even hook up to the obd port? If not just throw the stock stuff on and drive it up there, no need to load stock tune

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

From my understanding they do hook it up to the obd. Guess I'll have to get another SCT for it and see if I can track down a stock tune for it and put that in. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread