Cat studs? Help please

Youngone2012

Established Member
I broke a Stud off the cat when I removed it, I was wondering if anyone has done the same and what stud they replaced it with. It doesn't show a part number for the stud, only for the entire cat.

99arboC

Established Member
Cant you just replace it with a nut and bolt? I just installed cat deletes today on my car and they use bolts. I used M10x 35

slick3

Established Member
Nuts and bolts, Ford only services those studs with the cats.

-Steve

Would any of you know what bolts to use for this? I get the m10X35 nut, but how long should the stud should be... I am preparing to install my new catted x pipe this weekend and want to save a trip to the hardware store in the middle of the install!!

Thanks guys.

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
M10 is the metric size/diameter of the bolt shank, 35 is the length in millimeters. Just make sure you get the same pitch for the nut to match the bolt pitch(I.E, M10X1.50 bolt and a M10X1.50 nut). In other words, go to your hardware store and ask for the following:

- (1) M10X1.50 Stainless Bolt (Close as possible to 35mm long)
- (1) M10X150 Stainless Nut
- (2) M10 Flat Stainless Bolt Washers
- (1) M10 Stainless Lock Washer

Multiply the above quantities by the number of nut/bolt sets you would need to replace or use to install your midpipe.

-Nick

Last edited:

slick3

Established Member
M10 is the metric size/diameter of the bolt shank, 35 is the length in millimeters. Just make sure you get the same pitch for the nut to match the bolt pitch(I.E, M10X1.50 bolt and a M10X1.50 nut). In other words, go to your hardware store and ask for the following:

- (1) M10X1.50 Stainless Bolt (Close as possible to 35mm long)
- (1) M10X150 Stainless Nut
- (2) M10 Flat Stainless Bolt Washers
- (1) M10 Stainless Lock Washer

-Nick

Nick,

Thank you sir. Exactly what I needed! Much appreciated.

-Nick

Users who are viewing this thread