Cat deletes off road x pipe

bllit

Established Member
Ok as the title says I deleted cats when I put a smaller pulley on my whipple needless to say it's way to loud it's got outlaw's on it 2014 gt mt82 currently 593 rwhp. So the question I have what do you think the stock mufflers would sound like. Thanks in advance.

clinton2003

Established Member
i assume it would be quieter.....

toss them on, takes all of 30 minutes. if stock ones are too quiet, then find some gt500's, they are louder than stock, but wont give you ear cancer like what you have.

bllit

Established Member
Thanks I guess I was just being lazy lol and just wondered if someone has done it and what was their thoughts on it.

nyuk98GT

Established Member
bllit,

Search for a build thread by "Paul." in Power Adders. I recall (I hope correctly) that he runs stock mufflers.
**edit:
Here it is: https://www.svtperformance.com/foru...ote-build-thread.1101794/page-5#post-15525088
Scroll down to Post #63.
**end of edit

GT500 mufflers are very popular for good reason, as the other posters have mentioned. Your [catless] car will sound plenty mean from idle through the RPM range (and quite nice in the cabin) without being obnoxious.

Chris

Last edited:

vortecd

Established Member
When I did the cat deletes on my my '13 I put the stock mufflers back on. Still sounded pretty good. I tried the GT500 after the cat delete but I thought they were too loud. Every one has a difference preference on what "loud" is to them

The cats quiet the exhaust a lot so what mufflers sounds good with them may not without them

As for power, I had the roush mufflers on my car and changed over to the stock ones right before I did the cat deletes and ran the car at the track. Car ran the same times. I had some Magnaflows I was going to take to the track and test against the stock mufflers but sold the car before I had the chance

Users who are viewing this thread