Castle Law or SYG?

shurur

Established Member
Media has dead Librarian painted in a corner on this one....IMO.

Only side to the story is the "injured" biker and his friend...who both followed her to her home.

There are other more detailed articles on line and police videos...

Though no arrest was made....I am watching for an indictment...no..hoping for an indictment.

Interested in others take on this.

Don't shoot the messenger...he might be armed... ;-)

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Hit and run then walk back outside with a firearm after safely inside your home to confront said people you hit. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
With the current info I agree

They followed her bc she fled the scene and had called the police, I see now issue with this. She was in her house and chose to come back out with a gun. A reasonable person in fear for their life would have stayed inside with it pointed at the door

kaz109

Established Member
With the current info I agree

They followed her bc she fled the scene and had called the police, I see now issue with this. She was in her house and chose to come back out with a gun. A reasonable person in fear for their life would have stayed inside with it pointed at the door
The last part of your post does not align with how most ppl with firearms react. Just look at the case I made a thread about earlier.

It just so happens she is the one dead but if she wasn’t you would have most ppl ( especially on this forum) says the guy followed her and came onto her property she had every to to defend herself and it would be easy to determine citizens law

quad

Established Member
What about this incident? I feel in this case the wife first of all was in the wrong and should be charged for failing to comply with the custody ruling. And the shooter escalated it by going in to grab his gun. The ex-husband should have walked away. Shooter is probably a dead man walking.

Daily Mail – The footage, captured by Jennifer Read from a car parked on the street outside Kyle Carruth’s South Lubbock home, shows Chad Read arguing with his ex-wife and Carruth.

Kyle Carruth – wearing a black top and jeans – is heard telling Chad Read to ‘get off of my property. Chad Read, who is wearing a teal top and jeans, gesticulates with his arms as Carruth turns around to go inside the house.

Chad Read turns around and continues talking to Christina Read, telling her that he wants his son, who he was supposed to have custody of from 3:15 p.m that day, according to Jennifer Read in an affidavit filed after the incident.

‘I’m supposed to have him at 3.15,’ Chad Read is heard saying to Christina Read. ‘But you’re playing games telling me that I have to pick him up at six?’

The pair continue arguing, with Chad Read suggesting that his son is probably at his ex-wife’s mother’s house. Christina Read is heard telling him that she wanted to see him, to which Chad Read says: ‘I don’t care if you wanted to see him or not.

‘I get him at 3:15. If you want to see him, you can see him up until 3.15. You keep trying to keep my son from me; I’m going to drag you, and Ann-Marie, and everybody else into court.’

Carruth is then shown re-emerging from the house holding a firearm, which he’s holding down by his side, shouting ‘leave’ at Chad Read.

Chad Read is heard shouting back: ‘Use it, mother f***er,’ and squaring up to Carruth, threatening to take the gun from him.

Now face-to-face, Carruth fires one shot into the floor at the pair’s feet, which does not appear to deter Chad Read, who continues to push against Carruth.

Suddenly, Carruth jumps back away from the porch, raises the rifle, and fires two shots at Chad Read, who slumps to the floor.

Carruth walks back to the porch and turns around to face the camera. Still holding the gun, he wags his finger as Jennifer Read is heard saying, ‘I have it on video Kyle.’

‘I told all of y’all to leave,’ Carruth is heard saying, telling her that his son is not at the house. ‘None of y’all should be here; I asked you to leave. I did everything. I did not want to do any of this,’ he says.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
What about this incident? I feel in this case the wife first of all was in the wrong and should be charged for failing to comply with the custody ruling. And the shooter escalated it by going in to grab his gun. The ex-husband should have walked away. Shooter is probably a dead man walking.

Daily Mail – The footage, captured by Jennifer Read from a car parked on the street outside Kyle Carruth’s South Lubbock home, shows Chad Read arguing with his ex-wife and Carruth.

Kyle Carruth – wearing a black top and jeans – is heard telling Chad Read to ‘get off of my property. Chad Read, who is wearing a teal top and jeans, gesticulates with his arms as Carruth turns around to go inside the house.

Chad Read turns around and continues talking to Christina Read, telling her that he wants his son, who he was supposed to have custody of from 3:15 p.m that day, according to Jennifer Read in an affidavit filed after the incident.

‘I’m supposed to have him at 3.15,’ Chad Read is heard saying to Christina Read. ‘But you’re playing games telling me that I have to pick him up at six?’

The pair continue arguing, with Chad Read suggesting that his son is probably at his ex-wife’s mother’s house. Christina Read is heard telling him that she wanted to see him, to which Chad Read says: ‘I don’t care if you wanted to see him or not.

‘I get him at 3:15. If you want to see him, you can see him up until 3.15. You keep trying to keep my son from me; I’m going to drag you, and Ann-Marie, and everybody else into court.’

Carruth is then shown re-emerging from the house holding a firearm, which he’s holding down by his side, shouting ‘leave’ at Chad Read.

Chad Read is heard shouting back: ‘Use it, mother f***er,’ and squaring up to Carruth, threatening to take the gun from him.

Now face-to-face, Carruth fires one shot into the floor at the pair’s feet, which does not appear to deter Chad Read, who continues to push against Carruth.

Suddenly, Carruth jumps back away from the porch, raises the rifle, and fires two shots at Chad Read, who slumps to the floor.

Carruth walks back to the porch and turns around to face the camera. Still holding the gun, he wags his finger as Jennifer Read is heard saying, ‘I have it on video Kyle.’

‘I told all of y’all to leave,’ Carruth is heard saying, telling her that his son is not at the house. ‘None of y’all should be here; I asked you to leave. I did everything. I did not want to do any of this,’ he says.

This one will be interesting and I can see going either way but most likely jail time for the shooter.

1. Does the ex wife live there? Is this a place the father was told to pick up or is supposed to pick up the son?

2. Was the father lured there by the ex wife?

3. The father was told to get off the property. Would need to know castle laws of the state. Do they extend outside door? Was the father threatening in any form? Outside of legal avenues? Was he a threat to ex wife or bf?

4. Does the father have a history of making threatens to the bf or ex wife?

In Liberal America, a white kid shooting three white criminals is racist.

quad

Established Member
This one will be interesting and I can see going either way but most likely jail time for the shooter.

1. Does the ex wife live there? Is this a place the father was told to pick up or is supposed to pick up the son?

2. Was the father lured there by the ex wife?

3. The father was told to get off the property. Would need to know castle laws of the state. Do they extend outside door? Was the father threatening in any form? Outside of legal avenues? Was he a threat to ex wife or bf?

4. Does the father have a history of making threatens to the bf or ex wife?

In Liberal America, a white kid shooting three white criminals is racist.
Good post. Lots of questions that could determine the outcome.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Based on the story, prego was a retard and had it coming... hit and run... was followed home by the person that she hit... she comes out with a weapon and motorcycle guy proceeded to defend themselves, as they were also carrying...

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

the shooter escalated it, huh?

by grabbing his rifle while in his property... while having to deal with a trespasser that was acting aggressive, after warning him multiple times...

shooter was wrong by allowing the trespasser to advance on him and get in his face and square up to him, while he was holding his rifle... he was also wrong by allowing the guy to grab his rifle and start a struggle?

lol... I swear some of you live in ****ing la la land.

quad

Established Member
the shooter escalated it, huh?

by grabbing his rifle while in his property... while having to deal with a trespasser that was acting aggressive, after warning him multiple times...

shooter was wrong by allowing the trespasser to advance on him and get in his face and square up to him, while he was holding his rifle... he was also wrong by allowing the guy to grab his rifle and start a struggle?

lol... I swear some of you live in ****ing la la land.
Yes he did by going inside and getting his gun. The dead guy was not even talking to him and telling his ex that he was supposed to have his son at an agreed time.

The short twink probably has a Napoleon complex. Running for his gun every time a heated argument arises.

If the ex husband started beating his ex wife then yes by all means go inside and get your gun. The ex wife should have gone inside and the ex husband should have gotten back in his car and taken the matter up with the courts. He also should have not grabbed at the gun. Obviously in the heat of the moment he was not thinking straight and pissed off at the entire situation. Now he is dead with a twink smiling over his corpse.

This entire mess could have been avoided. The sons have apparently already called out the mom about the whole incident.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes he did by going inside and getting his gun. The dead guy was not even talking to him and telling his ex that he was supposed to have his son at an agreed time.

The short twink probably has a Napoleon complex. Running for his gun every time a heated argument arises.

If the ex husband started beating his ex wife then yes by all means go inside and get your gun. The ex wife should have gone inside and the ex husband should have gotten back in his car and taken the matter up with the courts. He also should have not grabbed at the gun. Obviously in the heat of the moment he was not thinking straight and pissed off at the entire situation. Now he is dead with a twink smiling over his corpse.

This entire mess could have been avoided. The sons have apparently already called out the mom about the whole incident.
did you move to California recently?

how do you know the guy was short? And twink? He was banging the dead dude’s ex old lady... lol

you just emotional and mad, aren’t ya?

It doesn’t matter how “wrong” you think the home owner was... he was within the law to do what he did and the dead dumbass is responsible for his demise.... if you don’t believe me, next time you see someone with a gun, go get in their face, grab there gun and try to toss them around... see how that works out for ya...

quad

Established Member
did you move to California recently?

how do you know the guy was short? And twink? He was banging the dead dude’s ex old lady... lol

you just emotional and mad, aren’t ya?

It doesn’t matter how “wrong” you think the home owner was... he was within the law to do what he did and the dead dumbass is responsible for his demise.... if you don’t believe me, next time you see someone with a gun, go get in their face, grab there gun and try to toss them around... see how that works out for ya...
Are you blind? The shooter was a twink.

Dumb idea to grab a gun from anyone. Much smarter to retreat and live to fight another day.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Are you blind? The shooter was a twink.

Dumb idea to grab a gun from anyone. Much smarter to retreat and live to fight another day.
I dunno what the hell you are looking at, but if the dude was banging the dead man’s ex that would not make him a twink....

quad

Established Member
I dunno what the hell you are looking at, but if the dude was banging the dead man’s ex that would not make him a twink....
The dead man had a new wife who was there when he came to pick up his kid. So that was no loss to him he had already moved on. For all we know he divorced the ex-wife.

quad

Established Member
So she commits a crime. Leaves the scene and goes home and commits a second crime and gets shot as a result? Sounds like a case closed to me.

The whole "Pregnant woman" thing mean absolutley NOTHING! Zero!
Only issue is he followed her to her home. Again they both should have avoided the confrontation which led to the death of the woman and her unborn child. He could have called the cops and taken her license plate and filed a report. What's the point of following the woman to her house?

shurur

Established Member
Only issue is he followed her to her home. Again they both should have avoided the confrontation which led to the death of the woman and her unborn child. He could have called the cops and taken her license plate and filed a report. What's the point of following the woman to her house?
Your point is the crux of the buscuit.

And how injured was he, that he and at least one friend followed her all the way home?

Google maps:
The street she lived on was a portion not maintained by the town and appears to be a dead end....though not posted as a dead end, it is posted as not maintained.

Her house appears to be two houses deep from the road.

The only side of the story now is that of the shooter and his friends, and it doesn't appear that police are investigating further.

To me this sends a message to folks that it is ok to follow people to their homes and get even...then call the police...or not call the police.

If displaying a weapon to ward off someone is legal castle law in FL (like it is in NH), then these guys may have baited her off her property...but we will never know, especially with no more investigation.

SYG just trumped Castle Law.

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Y’all got some real ****ing imaginations for the narratives you come up with

Flashing a weapon in FL is brandishing. If you skin that smoke wagon you better be intending to use it

As for following her - I don’t blame them, cops don’t do shit about hit and runs. Also helps to be able to verify who the driver was so they can’t claim it was someone else.

You wanna pin it on all of them to avoid a confrontation how about not intentionally hitting someone and driving off. Crazy bitch did crazy bitch things and it got her killed

In fl it also seems common for local cops to throw it up to the state attorneys office and let them investigate/determine if it falls under stand your ground or not

If you want to use castle law you should probably stay in your castle

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
The dead man had a new wife who was there when he came to pick up his kid. So that was no loss to him he had already moved on. For all we know he divorced the ex-wife.

yup... probably a crazy bitch... nonetheless, guy let his feelings get the best of him and made a terrible move...

Users who are viewing this thread