Caster/Camber......

SilverCoyote

Established Member
I have MM C/C plates on my 2011 GT. I have Eibach "Pro" springs on it. It dropped about an inch. After I installed the MM C/C plate i had my alignment shop align it. I just said, put it within new car specs. I ended up with camber... Left -1.5 and Right -1.0 . I've driven that way for a about a year and now it is time to get new tires. The tires wore pretty good, but the inside edge is down quite a bit more. I starting doing some research, and since I don't road race or anything like that, I decide I would go with 0 degrees camber on the front (stand the tire straight up and down).

I go for another alignment and tell the tech I want 0 degrees camber. After the alignment I have... camber... Left -1.0 and Right -0.8, not the 0 i wanted. The tech said that even with the MM C/C plates, there was no more adjustment for camber to get it 0. Does this sound right? I thought that was the whole idea behind getting the caster camber plates in the first place, especially for lowered vehicles......

debit_free_2010

Established Member
The OE strut mount holes give you -.5-ish camber on the OE mounts at the OE ride height , After lowering , you'll need to auger out the strut mounting holes if you want 0 camber with an aftermarket plate.

SilverCoyote

Established Member
Also... part 2 of this.. I was going to go ahead and get the camber bolts also, which I have used before on other vehicles. Basically just 2 bolts, each one has a lobe on it. But when I search that now, there are the 2 bolts for the camber and 2 bolts to adjust caster? I have never seen that before.... Anyone ever mess with these for adjusting caster...?

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/moog-k100139

SilverCoyote

Established Member
The OE strut mount holes give you -.5-ish camber on the OE mounts at the OE ride height , After lowering , you'll need to auger out the strut mounting holes if you want 0 camber with an aftermarket plate.

Ahhhh... okay... thanks man... I guess I was sort of wrong in thinking the plates would be a cure all for whatever I did lowering wise.....

Last edited:

F.D.Sako

Established Member
Why is your tech not able to match the camber on both sides?
Camber plates should give enough adjustment to match both sides, unless you, or oe spec asks for diff cambers.

IMO, -0.5-1 deg camber is nothing and should result in very minimum wear. Can you rotate your tires, or do you have staggered + directional tires?

SilverCoyote

Established Member
Why is your tech not able to match the camber on both sides?
Camber plates should give enough adjustment to match both sides, unless you, or oe spec asks for diff cambers.

IMO, -0.5-1 deg camber is nothing and should result in very minimum wear. Can you rotate your tires, or do you have staggered + directional tires?

Not sure why he couldn't match the sides. I've been collecting my printouts for the last several times, and no one can seem to ever match the sides exactly....?? I run a staggered setup, so no I can't rotate them.

SilverCoyote

Established Member
It's tough to know if anyone knows what the hell they are doing....My previous alignment I ended up with:
Camber Left -1.5 Right -1.0

This alignment initial reading
Camber Left -1.7 Right -1.5
after aligned
Camber Left -1.0 Right - 0.8

All this wore the inside edge of tire pretty good.... That's why I'm thinking I want to go with 0 degrees of camber this time....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread