Cars.com runs 10s in stock Charger Hellcat RE

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I desperately wanted to take our RE WB Chally to the track in stock form on the factory Pirelli’s.
I was convinced with some decent prep it would go an easy 10 and I was basically ridiculed by my coworkers who had no interest in running on anything but the ET-Rs.
Nice pass.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
The "power chiller" - uses the car air conditioning system to cool down the the S/C air...... I've been wondering for years why no one has done that. That is very 'cool'................ ;)

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
The "power chiller" - uses the car air conditioning system to cool down the the S/C air...... I've been wondering for years why no one has done that. That is very 'cool'................ ;)
Ford actually had some prototypes with similar setups back in the day. I think one was called the SuperStang and one was a Lightning variation if I’m not crazy.
Had a button you could press to dump the captured cold condensed water into the aftercooler and it would bump timing to compensate.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I vaguely remember someone back in 2004-2005 (Terminator) who experimented with a setup like that.

My94GT

Established Member
Love those things, at their price point it’s hard to beat. It’s a shame every douche with a scat pack rips around with stickers plastered all over their rides driving recklessly. I can’t bring myself to want to be seen in a similar ride lol.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The Killer Chiller is different. It's a refrigerated heat exchanger. It doesn't cool the intake air.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Love those things, at their price point it’s hard to beat. It’s a shame every douche with a scat pack rips around with stickers plastered all over their rides driving recklessly. I can’t bring myself to want to be seen in a similar ride lol.
Precisely why I sold mine years ago.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
its bad wording

Innovative SRT Power Chiller™ in 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Wins 2017 Popular Science Best of What's New Award

it cools the IC coolant to cool the intercooler, thereby cooling the air.

Id love to see how this system works compared to killer chiller and others (like see the physical system)

Looks like exactly how a properly installed Killer Chiller works.

chiller-650x433.jpg

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member
I wanted to hate you for this, but it’s true isn’t it...what a shitshow.

SLVRNBLK

Established Member
I am the owner of a 2015 SRT 392 Charger that I bought new and has been paid off for a couple years now. Car has a mild cam, Long Tubes, is tuned on E85, has run a best ET of 11.29 and best MPH of 121 on a REALLY nice day at Houston Raceway Park on a Forgestar D5 drag pack at a race weight of 4560 lbs. Car has been rock solid reliable for 65,000 miles and has never used a DROP of oil. As of late, I have found myself considering selling the car due in part to the reputation the 392 cars, specifically the Chargers, seemed to have garnered themselves over the last year or so due to all the "takeovers" and other acts of ridiculousness their owners seem to feel compelled to engage in. It is frustrating as an owner of a clean, good running and sounding example of American Muscle, that I am almost ashamed to be seen in the car nowadays. SMH.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I am the owner of a 2015 SRT 392 Charger that I bought new and has been paid off for a couple years now. Car has a mild cam, Long Tubes, is tuned on E85, has run a best ET of 11.29 and best MPH of 121 on a REALLY nice day at Houston Raceway Park on a Forgestar D5 drag pack at a race weight of 4560 lbs. Car has been rock solid reliable for 65,000 miles and has never used a DROP of oil. As of late, I have found myself considering selling the car due in part to the reputation the 392 cars, specifically the Chargers, seemed to have garnered themselves over the last year or so due to all the "takeovers" and other acts of ridiculousness their owners seem to feel compelled to engage in. It is frustrating as an owner of a clean, good running and sounding example of American Muscle, that I am almost ashamed to be seen in the car nowadays. SMH.
I definitely miss my Scat Pack, mostly for the beast of a 392 under the hood, the killer trans, and that sound. Dodge has exhaust down pat, but the 392 cars take the cake for awesome sounding exhaust from the factory.
That said, my biggest dislike of my 20 GT is, well, how it sounds…and everyone asking me if I drive on sidewalks or aim for pedestrians

The Charger isn’t the only one with a less than stellar rep…lol.

Users who are viewing this thread