Carney Ford

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
I pass by them everyday. I "heard" they were exhaust mod friendly BUT i never confirmed it. STAY AWAY from Jack Trebour Ford on Rt. 10.

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by Xplicit
I pass by them everyday. I "heard" they were exhaust mod friendly BUT i never confirmed it. STAY AWAY from Jack Trebour Ford on Rt. 10.

I bought my chromes from them. They had 5k markups on the Cobra's on the lot, thought that was tackie. Thanks for the heads up, i was going to go there for service, since it is close to work. I bought mine at Fullerton on Rte 22 in Somerville, will take it there for service.

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
I never checked Carney when i was lookin' to buy an 03. I went to Trebour 1st then Wayne Ford. Both places had their 03's marked up $5,000 to $7,500 in 2002. Trebour "tried" to sell me a used black 03 with 2,000 miles for get this..$35,740..sticker price :rollseyes I originally bought my GT from them, you'd think they'd want to try to keep my business. I ended up buying mine out in Kansas for sticker :) And to top it off, they still remember me 1 year later and we still talk from time to time..that's my type of dealership.

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Last note on Trebour..i brought my car in becos i thought there was something wrong with the bumper. One side looked pushed out farther than the other. They popped the hood and saw my pulley and K&N filter(this was when i still had my Eaton)and tried to tell me they couldn't fix whatever was wrong with the bumper cos i "modified" my car's motor. I looked at the service manager and told him right there, THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY BUMPER. After a few minutes they agreed to look at it more closely. They told me to make an appoinment so they can get it on the lift and fix it. Well....when i got back home i looked at it better myself. It turned out to be one of the plastic pins underneath(there r only 2 of them)that hold the bumper to the chassis was missing. But whatever..that day was the last time they saw my car.

nj7703

Established Member
That is crap!! yeah the mods made the car SO FAST the bumber self destructed. Amazing!:shrug:

sonic cobra

Established Member
Xplicit, I had a similar experience. I spent a lot of time at trebour trying to get them to sell me at msrp. They finally offered + $1000, I said OK +$500 and you got a deal and they refused. I wound up buying mine in Vermont for msrp no hassals and still e mail on occasion.

nj7703

Established Member
I got mine 200 under msrp, BFD:lol: :) But i bought it on 1st sight :)

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Originally posted by nj7703
I got mine 200 under msrp, BFD:lol: :) But i bought it on 1st sight :)

Show off! :p I bet u threw in one of "those" t-shirts didn't u :dw:

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Originally posted by sonic cobra
Xplicit, I had a similar experience. I spent a lot of time at trebour trying to get them to sell me at msrp. They finally offered + $1000, I said OK +$500 and you got a deal and they refused. I wound up buying mine in Vermont for msrp no hassals and still e mail on occasion.

Were u lookin' at an 03 they had on the show room floor? Suffice to say, when SVT sent me out a questionaire to fill out, i hammered Trebour BIG TIME! :thumbsup:

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by Tommystang
Guys, not to be a SOB, but I am trying to find out about Carney. Screw Trebour!!

I tried looking on the internet for ya, i can't find any "reviews" on the place. Only thing i did find out was the husband of someone i work with bought an F150 there, 2 years ago, has no probs, service is ok, you know, the usual. I guess if the car had problems i could give you a better review of the service dept :shrug: sorry man

And yeah Franco, i gave my sales guy a "We sell Lemons" t-shirt, he loved it.. :lol: :lol: kidding of course :-D

nj7703

Established Member
I know it's not SVT but my dad just bought a used Grand Marquis there. Took it back cause the power steering was a bit noisy, like it needed fluid, they replaced the power steering motor, did a bunch of stuff. This was on a used car so, i hope that is an indication of them being honest at least.

Users who are viewing this thread