carlsbad 11/29 - confirmed!

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
So the blower added another 4-6mph to the trap? Did they retune after the blower was installed or did they just bolt it on?

Dan,
It added 6mph -- and reduced ET by .1 with a crummy burnout and pisspoor 60ft time. There was a wreck, a fire and a person ran thru the end of the track. After an 11.73, 11.67, and 11.65 -- all with crummy burnouts and p-poor 60 ft times, I did not feel good about trying 'my luck' to do a real burnout and get a good 60ft time. But, no more bitching about top end, I promise...

I've been real busy -- B&D just yanked off my Eaton and bolted the Aptonized one on and we ran it. I'm betting there is some power to be obtained with a tune, but getting a tune is very 'time expensive' for me right now and I can't take that time. We proved it was safe 1 time -- and I'm filling with 101 octane from the famous Pump #9 until we get a good tune.
James

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by jhwalker
Dan,
It added 6mph -- and reduced ET by .1 with a crummy burnout and pisspoor 60ft time. There was a wreck, a fire and a person ran thru the end of the track. After an 11.73, 11.67, and 11.65 -- all with crummy burnouts and p-poor 60 ft times, I did not feel good about trying 'my luck' to do a real burnout and get a good 60ft time. But, no more bitching about top end, I promise...

I've been real busy -- B&D just yanked off my Eaton and bolted the Aptonized one on and we ran it. I'm betting there is some power to be obtained with a tune, but getting a tune is very 'time expensive' for me right now and I can't take that time. We proved it was safe 1 time -- and I'm filling with 101 octane from the famous Pump #9 until we get a good tune.
James
Thanks for the response. :beer:

My mind is made up. I'm getting one. :thumbsup: Now which bank can I knock off? hehe.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Well James i think the Apten gained u more then ur letting on..:shrug:

Last time out u were knocking on the 11's & this time out 11's came to u with no problems at all.

Think it gained u almost .3tenths of a sec....IMO.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Well James i think the Apten gained u more then ur letting on..:shrug:

Last time out u were knocking on the 11's & this time out 11's came to u with no problems at all.

Think it gained u almost .3tenths of a sec....IMO.

You r right PModdy, but remember that other 'little thing' I did???

Adam had the advantage of Earl's chiller at Arizona. I don't think we see the benefit of it in this cool weather, but I saw my intercooler fluid temp sitting at 58degrees F at C-Bad.
I did that so Adam and I would not constantly overheat the car when we are doing those 11-14 pull days at the strip.
Poor poor Piggie
James

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by jhwalker
You r right PModdy, but remember that other 'little thing' I did???

Adam had the advantage of Earl's chiller at Arizona. I don't think we see the benefit of it in this cool weather, but I saw my intercooler fluid temp sitting at 58% F at C-Bad.
I did that so Adam and I would not constantly overheat the car when we are doing those 11-14 pull days at the strip.
Poor poor Piggie
James
Chiller? Are you talking about an intercooler heat exchanger or a reservior with chilled coolant?

Users who are viewing this thread