carlsbad 11/29 - confirmed!

Kat

Established Member
What did the Duramax run? McRat is about to order one.

Sorry I missed it, but I had to take my son to the Dr. he has a bad ear infection :(

Kat

Established Member
Originally posted by InS0mNiAc
The duramax ran 12.340 @117.56 mph :nonono:
I had him off the line though :fm:

:eek: Yes you did

Kat has to keep McRat away from the truck boards. I don't want to get beat by the tow vechicle :lol:

InS0mNiAc

Just call me Lucifer
Established Member
It was awesome seeing and chatting with ya as well :thumbsup:
I had a great time so it's all good, plus I think I made it on camera :D In the first pic if you look just right of the staff guy in the blue, you can see the guy video taping the run for the site I'm sure. www.duramaximizer.com Fast trucks man :eek:

Last edited:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
vert vs vert

awesome race between jhwalker and the piggie vert (#12) vs. brian of b and d driving my car, 2 tons of fun (#13). damn those guys can drive! :bowdown: brian also gets my vote for "burnout of the day". :burnout:

vert_vs_vert.jpg

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by InS0mNiAc
It was awesome seeing and chatting with ya as well :thumbsup:
I had a great time so it's all good, plus I think I made it on camera :D In the first pic if you look just right of the staff guy in the blue, you can see the guy video taping the run for the site I'm sure. www.duramaximizer.com Fast trucks man :eek:

you're now gonna be well known in the duramax community. ;-) time to slap that 4 or 6# lower on there! :rockon:

Kat

Established Member
Re: vert vs vert

Originally posted by FuShnickens
awesome race between jhwalker and the piggie vert (#12) vs. brian of b and d driving my car, 2 tons of fun (#13). damn those guys can drive! :bowdown: brian also gets my vote for "burnout of the day". :burnout:

vert_vs_vert.jpg

Nice times Congrats to you both :beer:

Kat

Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
sorry we missed you and mcrat today. lots of folks were asking for you two!

Yeah we were looking forward to going :( Even Tommy who is only 3 was upset that he couldn't go to the race track.

We will have to make it next time.

Last edited:

McRat

Established Member
Sorry I couldn't make it. I was at the doctors with Tom until 1:30pm Sat.

Just a streak of bad luck Friday. I just got the car running sweet Wednesday, and was ready to go. Then on Friday, I went to put finishing touches on. While tuning the car, I tore a hole in the oil filter by hitting a rock in our driveway, dumping the crankcase contents in my driveway. Then to boot, the car was running super lean even though I richened up the programming a ton. Then to finish things off, Tom starting puking and crying at 3:00am Sat morning from a ear infection.

ARRRGGHH!!!!

Sounds like a missed a real good time. Rats. It was like the world was conspiring against me. We had been planning on this for a month, and at the last minute, we were stopped cold.

:(

Last edited:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by McRat
Sorry I couldn't make it. I was at the doctors with Tom until 1:30pm Sat.

Just a streak of bad luck Friday. I just got the car running sweet Wednesday, and was ready to go. Then on Friday, I went to put finishing touches on. While tuning the car, I tore a hole in the oil filter by hitting a rock in our driveway, dumping the crankcase contents in my driveway. Then to boot, the car was running super lean even though I richened up the programming a ton. Then to finish things off, Tom starting puking and crying at 3:00am Sat morning from a ear infection.

ARRRGGHH!!!!

Sounds like a missed a real good time. Rats. It was like the world was conspiring against me. We had been planning on this for a month, and at the last minute, we were stopped cold.

:(

Hope all is ok with family and car... We missed you guys. Ruben, Pat, Kat, the Meanie. Allen started a post on SoCalT...
Running this morning -- talk later.
James

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
sorry to hear about the issues w/ the blue meanie. i'm sure you'll have her up and running in no time. :beer:

first i'd like to say how awesome it is to see the walkers, tetge, juan, et al get better each time we go out. makes me wonder how much practicing you guys do away from the strip. ;-) j/k you guys are really representing ford well out there. :thumbsup: pmoddy's fuel delivery issues (we think anyway) were a real bummer as i'm sure he was going to do well too. the good thing is that i think everybody (lt. chris, omslaw, yermo, insomniac, et al) improved on their previous times. :beer: :beer:

it was a great turnout and really cool to see the usual suspects plus a few "new to the cbad experience". the track really looked like a mustang vs. f-body event. besides ourselves, there were at least a dozen other mustangs of various trim and the san diego fbody group was out in force. on the 2nd or 3rd run down the track there was a pretty bad accident just short of the 1/8 mark. i didn't see how it started, but the race was between a squeezing camaro and a bullitt w/ a kb. from reports, it sounded like the camaro was having really bad traction problems off the line and ended up going into the other lane, hitting the bullitt causing both cars to 360 a couple times bouncing off the walls. the bullitt got back to the pits under it's own power but the camaro's front suspension was damaged enough to require a tow. despite the obvious monetary damage the vehicles took, it was a relief to see the drivers were ok.

as i was leaving the track, one of the guys that runs the joint (i can never remember his name, but it wasn't woody) wanted to thank us for our continued support at cbad. :beer: he also wanted to remind us that the late model muscle car showdown should be coming soon. i gave him the url here so that he could post an announcement. we'll definitely need to represent there!

Users who are viewing this thread