Carjacked !

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
Say a normal law abiding driver ran over a carjacker and seriously injured said carjacker for life or the carjacker died from trauma from being ran over would the normal law abiding driver be charged with a crime if the carjacker did not have a gun or weapon ?

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
All I see is blue scribble.

coloring.gif

jpetre

Established Member
Say a normal law abiding driver ran over a carjacker and seriously injured said carjacker for life or the carjacker died from trauma from being ran over would the normal law abiding driver be charged with a crime if the carjacker did not have a gun or weapon ?

Depends on what state you are in, in Texas you have the right to defend your property and use deadly force. You have to prove his intent though, which might be difficult.

Juruense

Banned
I copied it into notepad to strip the formatting and make it readable:

stanger133

From my cold dead hands!
Established Member
I'd say if you are in the car and it's running drive away if possible, don't turn around and run the attempted carjacker over.

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
I'd say if you are in the car and it's running drive away if possible, don't turn around and run the attempted carjacker over.

Yes I agree in this case there were 2 scumbag criminals one dead center in front of the car (thought he was gonna box an automobile in with a human body ?:nonono:) and one at the normal law abiding drivers door ?
I do not think in WI a person can defend their property, the law is crime victims have to try to avoid being a victim at all costs in other words have to run the other way from criminals, a$$ backwards I know.

Anyway I think the victim would be justified here as they could claim "they were scared for their safety and just hit the gas" accident, scared, justified, first reaction, instinct. WHO KNOWS.

Worsedog

Resident A**hole
Established Member
Yes I agree in this case there were 2 scumbag criminals one dead center in front of the car (thought he was gonna box an automobile in with a human body ?:nonono:) and one at the normal law abiding drivers door ?
I do not think in WI a person can defend their property, the law is crime victims have to try to avoid being a victim at all costs in other words have to run the other way from criminals, a$$ backwards I know.

Anyway I think the victim would be justified here as they could claim "they were scared for their safety and just hit the gas" accident, scared, justified, first reaction, instinct. WHO KNOWS.

That would be my story.........

Users who are viewing this thread