Carfax Requests: READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING

Jefe

Established Member
Just sent you a Raptor VIN. Carfax doesn't even show an owner and the first entry was at 34,797 miles on 8/20/18. Sold at an auction 12/3/18 which is strange for a low mileage highly sought after truck right?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just sent you a Raptor VIN. Carfax doesn't even show an owner and the first entry was at 34,797 miles on 8/20/18. Sold at an auction 12/3/18 which is strange for a low mileage highly sought after truck right?

Just replied.

I've never seen that before. I would venture to guess the dealer kept it and drove it, then sold it on MSO still.

Jefe

Established Member
Thats the only thing I can think of but what sense would it make sending a pristine Raptor to auction?

My Hellcat came from the owner of a dealer and it showed him on it as corporate registration

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thats the only thing I can think of but there should still show a corporate or personal owner. My Hellcat came from the owner of a dealer and it showed him on it

Just depends.

I don't register/title my demos. The first owner would buy it from the dealership with XXXX miles on it, and they would be the first owner, and that's when the warranty would start.

Jefe

Established Member
Just depends.

I don't register/title my demos. The first owner would buy it from the dealership with XXXX miles on it, and they would be the first owner, and that's when the warranty would start.
Woh so this could still be under bumper to bumper with a full 3/36?

I still dont see what sense it makes sending a pristine Raptor to auction unless the dealer is extremely lazy and filthy rich. Or there's something wrong with it

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Woh so this could still be under bumper to bumper with a full 3/36?

I still dont see what sense it makes sending a pristine Raptor to auction unless the dealer is extremely lazy and filthy rich. Or there's something wrong with it

Found the issue. Mexican truck.

upload_2018-12-14_15-23-3.png

Jefe

Established Member
Interesting. Would that cause any issues for me? Won't be buying a warranty but could I if I wanted to? Check under the spare tire for strange packages? I dont see why this would be a problem, especially if I go to sell it in a few years

Thanks for looking into this!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Interesting. Would that cause any issues for me? Won't be buying a warranty but could I if I wanted to? Check under the spare tire for strange packages? I dont see why this would be a problem, especially if I go to sell it in a few years

Thanks for looking into this!

No warranty will be with the vehicle, they won't cross country lines. Do you have emissions testing? Mexican trucks typically won't pass.

Jefe

Established Member
No warranty will be with the vehicle, they won't cross country lines. Do you have emissions testing? Mexican trucks typically won't pass.
We do have emissions but it might not be required for a couple years. CarFax said it passed emissions in Chula Vista 2 months ago. Arizona emissions is a breeze compared to CA. They look for check engine lights and that the gas cap locks. Thats it

BillO

Established Member
Could anybody help me with a carfax for 2004 Terminator I'm looking to purchase ?
1FAFP49YX4F122864

BillO

Established Member
Thank you for your help, do you think I should be concerned that the vehicle had 5 owners its clean / mainly stock and has 27 K miles on it. The only non stock items are a Hurst shifter and a radio.
Bill

Sladester2

Established Member
Can anyone help me with this vin. 1fabp283xdf190803

Its a 83 hatch I just bought and am wanting to get a bit of history on it. Thanks!

kpmilia

Established Member
Not sure if this is the right area, but I figured it was worth a shot. Does anyone have access to running a Carfax report for me? If you can, I can supply the vin number. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread