Career advice…time for something new

blubyu87gt

Established Member
OP you should seriously consider listening to this man right here.

That old, coulda, shoulda, woulda thing is BS. At my previous job we had a guy who was 2 years ahead of me in the apprenticeship that was 56!

If you're mechanically inclined or have a good understanding of electricity something at a utility might be right up your alley.

Jumping into working for a utility and completing an apprenticeship has been one of the best decisions I've ever made.

I'll be honest, the first year was tough and a pay cut. Everything after that has been increases of 7-15k each year.

If it's not for you I get it but I'd at least ask yourself if it is.
One more + for this. Good Buddy of mine works at Dominion. Started like 4 or 5 years ago and makes about 150 a year all said and done. That does include a bit of time out of state doing hurricane repair work but he loves it.

I know TONS of people that just throw all their money at GME Stonk and they never ever worry about money. EVER.

Stonks and onlyfans are the only answers which should be followed hahaha

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I hear the IRS might be hiring....the most secure job you could ever have. Anything in the Federal government is kush, pays well, secure....

On a more serious note, learning how to code and be a software engineer is easy. May not be for everyone, but software isn't going anywhere. Work from anywhere, make 120k+. If you are good, you can move companies every 2-3 years and get a 10% bump in pay. Big tech is where its at especially with the remote work model we have now...

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
YOU have to decide whether you want to stay in your industry or change careers. Have you exhausted similar jobs in your area, pay the same, etc? If so, then it might be time to change careers.

It won't be easy, that's for sure. Sales is probably the easiest to get into, with the most possibility of good money the quickest. Also doesn't require a ton of work up front to get into, just studying the product you have to sell.

My suggestion is to first exhaust all avenues in your current profession. Are you 100% sure you can't make the money you want at other places?

If so, then I'd shoot for anything computer related, such as IT, programming, etc etc. I have friends in IT that have been trying for months to fill open positions, with the salary being in low six figures to start.

And yeah, art degree here as well, Graphic Artist/Creative Director for 25+ years. Not great money, but enough to support a family of four, and not a job that wears your body out like some do. What is your degree in?

Users who are viewing this thread