I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Ford Mach E

245332-F6-E290-4899-931-C-042-F6-E2029-E0.gif

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

kaz109

Established Member
I noticed the GT has been getting delivered to some customers, OP do you have yours yet?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've yet to see one on the street in my neck of the woods. Dealer lots generally are pretty empty of new inventory. Hope the OP has his.

Fat Boss

Established Member
I don't have mine yet. I did get to see a Performance Edition up close last weekend at Laguna Seca though. Production date for mine shows 9/7, but also got an email from Ford saying 6 week delay due to chip shortage.

I really want to get it before the end of the year to get the tax credits to offset some LRCX stock sales.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Performance Edition has 634 foot pounds of torque instead of 600 on the GT, and the magnetic suspension. Not sure what else.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I don't have mine yet. I did get to see a Performance Edition up close last weekend at Laguna Seca though. Production date for mine shows 9/7, but also got an email from Ford saying 6 week delay due to chip shortage.

I really want to get it before the end of the year to get the tax credits to offset some LRCX stock sales.

I received the 6 week delay email on our ordered GT ..... Our production day shows (or did show) 9/29

kaz109

Established Member
It's a very..... very......extremely small sample size but as of right now I'm am disappointed in the 1/4mi times for the GT PE. I thought it would be faster and quicker . But like I said this is an extremely small sample size

The owner says his Mach-E GT had only 72% battery charge at the start of track tests and was not in the “Unbridled Extend” track mode, which means that all electronic aids, including traction control, were on.

Furthermore, Matt says the tire pressure may have been too high at 42 psi (warm)—Ford recommends it to be at 39. That said, he’s confident he can do better as soon as he gets back on the track. For now, he’s quite happy with a best quarter-mile time of 12.657 seconds at 100.02 mph. That’s not bad at all.

Here are the track splits:

• 1/4 mile: 12.657 sec @ 100.02mph
  • 1000ft: 10.433 sec
  • 1/8 mile: 8.03 sec @ 86.67 mph
  • 330ft: 5.26 sec
  • 60ft: 1.99 sec
During the same run, the Dragy speed tracking device detected the following acceleration rates:

• 0-10 in 0.58
  • 0-20 in 1.20
  • 0-30 in 1.80
  • 0-40 in 2.44
  • 0-50 in 3.21
  • 0-60 in 4.12
  • 0-60(1ft) in 3.89
In a road test 40 minutes later, Matt repeated an acceleration run and did 0-60 in 3.78 seconds (with a 1ft rollout). That's pretty close to the official 0-60 time of 3.5 seconds and quite remarkable given the conditions

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So, how would performance then be at, say, 25% battery charge remaining? Do the electronics cut performance to lengthen the miles remaining?

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I thought these EVs were supposed to be the quickest things on the street... not "quick" for cars from 20-25 years ago

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

Fat Boss

Established Member
So, how would performance then be at, say, 25% battery charge remaining? Do the electronics cut performance to lengthen the miles remaining?

Like all batteries, the voltage drops as the state of charge drops. Less voltage = less power. No cutting to lengthen the miles.

IMO, something's up with the guy or his car who posted the results. The regular extended range model with a LOT less torque does the quarter @ right about 100 MPH.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Like all batteries, the voltage drops as the state of charge drops. Less voltage = less power. No cutting to lengthen the miles.

IMO, something's up with the guy or his car who posted the results. The regular extended range model with a LOT less torque does the quarter @ right about 100 MPH.

After the initial 60 feet, torque has little to nothing to do with quarter mile trap speed or ET.

100mph does seem low though.. car should be quicker based on the ET.

Fat Boss

Established Member
kaz-

I got the call from the dealer the day before Halloween and traded in my shit box Focus EV. I was glad to see that turd go down the road.

The GT PE is a lot of fun to drive. Not as fun as the supercharged Coyote Shelby, but in some ways it's more fun. I've never driven an AWD vehicle before and with 634 foot pounds, it launches out of the corners. It's a better vehicle than say a 13/14 GT500, but not on par with the 2020 GT500. It's incredibly smooth on most roads and the magnetic suspension works very well.

I've put just over 1000 miles on it so far, with the vast majority of those from going to and from golf courses- which is appropriate given it's golf cart roots haha.

The infotainment is pretty good, and honestly I haven't delved too deeply in it yet. The seats are great on the GTPE and the interior is better than any Ford I've ever been in, and probably any vehicle I've been in since I don't spend much time in nice cars. My friends and I all primarily drive pickups.

It turns out that I got a deal by paying MSRP as I think I could flip it for a profit if I had to. I bought the car for a pretty limited use case of commuting to work and back and going golfing once a week. It'll save me the 45 minutes a day by playing the stupid liberal HOV lane games, and at my internal hourly rate of my free time being valued at a few hundred bucks an hour, it will more than pay for itself in my mind.

Since I have no idea when I'll be heading back to the office, it's just golfing and a weekly trip 10 miles each way to my folks. I still drive the Super Duty if I'm taking the dog to a friend's house or to the dog park.

The Mach-E is pretty heavy and you can feel the bulk, but the suspension does a great job keeping everything in check. Overall it's a great vehicle.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Glad you're enjoying your Mach-E PE. Post some photos when you get a chance. Interior, too.

Tim (@timspony), did you get your GT yet? I'd love to hear your review comments, too.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Glad you're enjoying your Mach-E PE. Post some photos when you get a chance. Interior, too.

Tim (@timspony), did you get your GT yet? I'd love to hear your review comments, too.
Hi Bob ..... Are car was finally built & shipped!!! Hoping to see it before the end of January! .... Its been a 8 month wait with these "chips"!! I'll post up pics & a write-up once we receive it!! MME GT or bust, Lol!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread