Carbon Fiber Pieces

rogerb

Established Member
Getting back into a mustang after a loooooong break. Have a CFTP GT500 and want to order all of the carbon fiber pieces for it. Is Anderson still the go to, are there other options? I bought some pieces from Anderson for my Raptor and the quality was very good. Just dont know how other companies carbon looks against the factory so dont want to start mix matching pieces either. Does anyone actually have this stuff in stock or is a long wait again? Thanks

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What kind of carbon fiber pieces are you looking for?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
If you’ve been happy with Anderson then I’d stay with them. Ford Performance is also selling certain parts (made by Anderson) but you basically need to order and wait from what I’ve seen.
-J

rogerb

Established Member
yeah the wait times are killer. I been gearing that the piece dont always fit that well. Im just going to do the hood vent for now

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would contact Nordan Composites and see what they offer/can offer.

I've purchased a lot of CF goodies over the years from them.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I ordered AC's GT500 CFTP wing (with uprights) last fall. I was originally told that it would be shipped in January which then got pushed back to March. I learned today that it shipped a few days ago. I've had some experience with their products in the past and was happy with the craftsmanship. I look forward this one showing up and will report back.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I ordered AC's GT500 CFTP wing (with uprights) last fall. I was originally told that it would be shipped in January which then got pushed back to March. I learned today that it shipped a few days ago. I've had some experience with their products in the past and was happy with the craftsmanship. I look forward this one showing up and will report back.

Uhm, what happened to your black market GT4 wing?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The AC wing is supposed to be dimensionally the same as OEM. The uprights on the AC setup are 6061-T6 instead of chopped fiber but beyond that the airfoil should be a match. The plan is to scan the AC uprights and tweak them in cad so they match the length of the GT4 pieces. This would allow CFTP owners the option of raising their factory wings up higher in the airstream ala the GT4 car. Plus it gives me an added choice as to how the car could be equipped when I.....gasp......let it go.

Users who are viewing this thread