• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

Carbon fiber cowl hood?

Discussion in '2011-2014 Mustang Talk' started by Austin Brian, Jul 22, 2021 at 12:39 PM.

1. Austin Brian

Austin Brian New Member Established Member

Hey fellers,

First time ever looking into getting an aftermarket hood, I have a 2014 white Cali Special, I kinda wanna throw a 3 inch carbon fiber hood on her and see how it looks. I don’t care really if it’s real carbon fiber.

any advice on brands an what to expect?
    Also anyone have a picture of a white 2014 with a carbon fiber cowl hood too? I’m having trouble finding a pic for some reason.

2. Riddick

Riddick MERICA Established Member

From my personal experience aftermarket hoods look great but getting them to fit is a different story. Your hood will still close but there is a high chance of the gaps between your hood and fender being off. I have know several people who purchased fiberglass hoods and they ended up at body shops to make them fit better.

Are you dead set on a cowl design? If not you could consider getting a wrap, they have wraps that mirror carbon fiber and you would never know its a wrap.

3. Austin Brian

Austin Brian New Member Established Member

I was thinking of a wrap too actually, I really don’t care if I get made fun of for not having real carbon, I like my hood already it has those cool vents already

4. Riddick

Riddick MERICA Established Member

5. 68gtscode

68gtscode Well-Known Member Established Member

I had a 13 GT that had a Cervini’s 3” cowl hood. It was on the car when I bought it, but their reputation is pretty good. Anyhow, it was too much for me, to the point I was embarrassed driving the car. I felt like a poser knowing it was just for appearance. If I kept that car I would have tried to trade someone for a stock hood. I don’t mean to rain on your parade, but I recommend spending your money elsewhere… unless of course it’s required to hide a 4.5L Whipple :)