Car won't start! Is it my fuel pump?

RusWolf

Established Member
So!
Went out and after the bar go to my car and it won't start.
Crank and wants to start and kind of starts however something prevents it from starting 100%.

Car is E85, Paxton, BAP.

Any help diagnosing would be appreciated. Will make a video later on.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
First thing I'd check is the BAP fuse, make sure your getting fuel pressure, go from there.

hitmix300

Established Member
It's in the fuse box and I think you can swap it with a/c relay it another with the same amperage rating. There should be a crash button to that kills the fuel pump. I would look into that and any fuel related fuses

RusWolf

Established Member
Maybe you should diagnose your problem? Just a thought.

Have you checked for fuel? Have you checked for spark? Have you checked anything?????

And i should have done all of that while waiting for a tow truck in the middle of manhattan with no tools ?
i'm not going to start taking the car apart at 5 am.

Last edited:

evil281

Established Member
Hmmm i think it's always activated. To be honest i'm not sure as my BAP was installed by Rev Auto when i was getting retuned by them last year, they only chargerd me something around 40 bucks to install it so i gave them a green light.
I don't use or have any hobb switches so i assume it's always on. It's a VMP BAP.

Its always on. It's tied into the fuel module harness in the trunk by a Y harness adapter. It does have a fuse at the module you might check. There is also another fuse in the fuse box position 14 (or something like that) that was required to be replace as its only a 15 from the factory and the VMP BAP comes with a 40. I would start by looking at these fuses.

RusWolf

Established Member
Update:
Checked fuses today, fuse 13 under the hood is good (30 AMP) and also checked the fuse in the. VMP BAP harness, also good.

The fuel pump relay you guys talking about is exactly the same as relay above it, swapped those to see and nothing changed.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Might have burned out the fuel pump.

Running them hot (without a psi switch to activate) can lead to this.

The alternative is running a switch that activates the BAP at 3-4psi allowing your pump to run like normal under all conditions except for WOT. Problem is a bad Hobbs switch can lead to a blown motor.

Users who are viewing this thread