Car was stolen last night.

PUSHA TON

Established Member
glad to hear they found the car but what a pita trying to get it back. been there done that with a friend's towed car :kaboom:

if they stole the wheels, the stock wheels probably cost more than the aftermarket ones. stock parts can be very expensive, depending on what you have. case in point, the stock gt500 wheels are about $1k a piece. (not including tires). they never have a problem covering stock parts. and if your car was damaged at all, the insurance company will have it repaired for you to like new again. better than it being GONE and losing your $ you put down on deposit. just make sure a good shop goes over the car with a fine tooth comb to catch any and every possible thing that could have been damaged.

the car looks nice. the same color i was going to get when i was 5.0 shopping :beer:

If my rtr's are gone, I might have to rob a bank and get some tf's. Maybe I'll get away with it like the person who stole my car.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
No. I have GEICO.

There's your problem. GEICO is GARBAGE! I had them and was involved in an accident that wasn't even my fault. The other person got ticketed and I had to do all the work to get my car squared. GEICO did absolutely nothing but take my money for years.

Needless to say I don't do cheap insurance companies anymore. Local or GTFO!

fleshmcfilth123

Established Member
I'm not expecting them to find the car. I'm sure its gone by now. What sux is I'm probably only getting 5k back when I had originally put down 9k as a down payment. I have to try and find another car that made me want it as much as I wanted my car. Hopefully the insurance co. Includes the cost of the wheels when they pay me out.

This is why I don't put money down even if I had it. Stretch the term, get a good rate and get Gap so when your shit gets wrecked or stolen, you get ALL the money back and your down payment is still in your pocket.

PUSHA TON

Established Member
Update! I have the car back. Seems the only damage to the car is a cracked chin spoiler. It looks like they rubbed my pass fr tire against a curb. Also my wheel lock is missing. Gonna have to figure out how to change them out without the lock.

Alejandro5.0

Established Member
I just read the entire thing and are you serious?! They didn't do anything to it like steal or break anything??

PUSHA TON

Established Member
Only 2 things are missing. My wheel lock and I had an earl Campbell McFarlane figure in the trunk that my gf's parents gave me. (I was an oilers fan) other than that its just the cracked chin spoiler.

PUSHA TON

Established Member
IMG_20120912_155329.jpg

stangposse

Established Member
They probably drove it like they stole it....cuz they did. Any idea how many miles were put on it? Tank on empty? Sometimes they rob these cars, park them for a little bit to let some time pass and then come back to it and what they can. They probably took the lock so that they could get the wheels off quickly when they came back.

Nuar

Established Member
\... Sometimes they rob these cars, park them for a little bit to let some time pass and then come back to it and what they can. They probably took the lock so that they could get the wheels off quickly when they came back.

X2

Better park your baby somewhere else. Family's house or something?
Friends garage?
At least till you can get the wheel locks changed.

Established Member
Make sure that if the key was not recovered you get a new key and all the key cylinders rekeyed and recoded. Your Adjuster will cover all your impound and storage fee's.

PUSHA TON

Established Member
When I picked up the car the seat was all the way up like a midget was driving it and it was on the hip hop station.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
When I picked up the car the seat was all the way up like a midget was driving it and it was on the hip hop station.

Sounds like a punk kid jacked it for gang initiation or something. Might want to get the clutch checked of it's not an auto.

acrbill

Established Member
see if insurance will pay to have the locks changed. You are going to need to get the dealer to program a new key anyhow if the one is missing.

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
If it were another car they would have had it a lot longer. My truck was gone for a month cause it looks any other pick up truck. 5.0's stand out especially yours!!!

Alejandro5.0

Established Member
You are a lucky man, I'm on San Antonio imports and every week there's at least 2 threads of my car stolen, no lie. San Antonio is really bad

Users who are viewing this thread