Car was stolen last night.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
this is why I have LoJack on both my cars. you probably would have had it back by now.

Same here. All our cars get Lojacked.

So as I understand this, someone broke into your girlfriends car, stole your keys, not her car or anything out of it then stole your car?

This reaks of a insurance scam...

PUSHA TON

Established Member
I can guarantee you its not insurance fraud. I don't need you to come in here and insinuate that. I have had a terrible day dealing with this and a girlfriend that no longer feels safe in our own home.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

alcarames

Established Member
Sorry to see this. Having a vehicle stolen is a shitty feeling. I always say I wouldn't want it back, and as f'd up as it sounds many times your better off not getting it back. I hope everything turns out ok for you and your car.

Trbo6gn1

Established Member
Wait you seriously left a set of keys to your car within the grasp of a woman? Sounds like her other b/f found out you were hitting it and decided to get even.

STROKED2VALVE

Established Member
Sorry to hear about your stang. In all reality it is better if they never find it.

Check Craigslist routinely for parts being sold that would possibly come from your mustang. If you see multiple parts get in contact with a detective in auto theft. DONT CONTACT THE POSTER! Also eBay. If you had something in the car that may have a serial number on it, find the serial # and give it to the police. Check local pawn shops for those wheels since they are unique. You will be surprised how many dirtbags get caught pawning things.

Love that color foofkiller, I regret not waiting for sterling grey for the 2012 model.

Last edited:

boost21

boooooost
Established Member
Wow that is terrible, I have no idea how I would handle this if I was in your situation. Hope it all works out for the best.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
I can guarantee you its not insurance fraud. I don't need you to come in here and insinuate that. I have had a terrible day dealing with this and a girlfriend that no longer feels safe in our own home.

Don't worry about him. It's the Internet, some idiot always thinks he's being clever by screaming conspiracy.

kona12

Established Member
Thats sucks hope u find it and car wasnt abused. But it will make the insurance company curious to know why you left keys in your girls car. next to each other and Who would have known they were there. Just sayin. But really sucks loosin your ride..

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Sorry for your luck, hope you now know there are better places to keep a 2nd key, like a lock box. Its 1 one thing for them to hot wire your car and steal it. Its another thing to basically hand them the keys!!! Hope you don't have your credit card statement in your car because by now your identity is being stolen as well.

Last edited:

PUSHA TON

Established Member
I'm not expecting them to find the car. I'm sure its gone by now. What sux is I'm probably only getting 5k back when I had originally put down 9k as a down payment. I have to try and find another car that made me want it as much as I wanted my car. Hopefully the insurance co. Includes the cost of the wheels when they pay me out.

jdcobra

Established Member
I'm not expecting them to find the car. I'm sure its gone by now. What sux is I'm probably only getting 5k back when I had originally put down 9k as a down payment. I have to try and find another car that made me want it as much as I wanted my car. Hopefully the insurance co. Includes the cost of the wheels when they pay me out.

What insurance company do you have. Since I have state farm my agent said to bring in receipts for high quality/expensive parts and they would reimburse me for those things as well if anything ever happened to my car. Maybe if you still have the receipt you can take it to them.

PUSHA TON

Established Member
What insurance company do you have. Since I have state farm my agent said to bring in receipts for high quality/expensive parts and they would reimburse me for those things as well if anything ever happened to my car. Maybe if you still have the receipt you can take it to them.

i have geico. as far as a reciept, i am pretty sure i dont have it anymore. i did tell the adjuster that the car had aftermarket wheels. i am hoping if i show them plenty of pics of the car, maybe that will be enough but i doubt it.

PUSHA TON

Established Member
Just checked the impound website. My car has been recovered. I hope its in good condition. Gonna have to wait till after work to go check it out.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Awesome man! I hope its in the exact same shape as when you had it. Post pics and let us know ASAP!

Users who are viewing this thread