Car Trailer

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Anyone local have a car trailer I can borrow for the afternoon this weekend? Or someone that is bored and feels like helping me load something up? I just agreed to nab a new project car for the wife, a 92LX Vert, that needs LOTS of TLC, and from near as I can tell, an engine.

I'd rather tow it home than try and drive it, even though it's only about 15-20 miles.

I believe the curb weight on this thing is 3300lbs, and my TV can take 5000, so if I borrow a trailer, unless my friend Dave wants to help (he has a F350), it'll need to be of the lightweight variety.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Nobody? I'd rent one, but I can't. My Tow Vehicle is a 2011 Explorer, and Uhaul will not rent trailers to explorers because of the firestone tire deal back in the day. Even though my X has NOTHING in common with that model, aside from the name. Go figure.

Baby Gorilla

MACA Member #531
Established Member
I'm renting one from UHaul Monday/Tuesday to go pick up my GT500 in Pennsylvania. If you can wait until then, we could try to work something out.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Thanks guys, Todd (RawSn8K) came through, and along with some help from my friend Dave, we picked up the car this afternoon.

It's rough, but the paint appears to still have an intact clear coat, so while it'll never be at a car show, I think I can make it look presentable. I also found some gunk in the oil dipstick tube, so I'm hoping that the top end noise can be solved with an oil flush..we'll see. The interior is a real mess, but it's complete, so a little carpet, some dye, and two new front seats it'll be good as new.

Users who are viewing this thread