Car throws code P0155 after both o2 sensors was changed multiple times

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Hello everyone,

Got a buddy that put longtubes on his car a while back and it keeps going through front o2 sensors. Car has pypes longtubes, circle d converter, and is tuned by a reputable tuner. Car is also run on 93(no e85) What do you guys think the issue is?

Shaun@AED

Poor O2 placement. Water is getting inside the stainless steel O2 sensor cover and hitting the heated ceramic tip, fracturing it and destroying the O2. Move the O2 sensor to a more optimal location like how Kooks and OE has it.

basspro302

Established Member
It helps when you give a description of the code. Looks like a heater code for the o2 sensor. You either have a fuse issue wiring issue open/short or unlikely but possible a pcm issue. I would have to look it up and find a diagram but i belive yhe heaters are puls width modulated so basically the pcm will turn the heaters on and off so many times in a second to achive the correct temp. Your best bet would be to have a tech properly diag the issue.

Does the code return immediately after the new 02 sensor?

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
It helps when you give a description of the code. Looks like a heater code for the o2 sensor. You either have a fuse issue wiring issue open/short or unlikely but possible a pcm issue. I would have to look it up and find a diagram but i belive yhe heaters are puls width modulated so basically the pcm will turn the heaters on and off so many times in a second to achive the correct temp. Your best bet would be to have a tech properly diag the issue.

Oh boy. That sounds terrible. Appreciate the reply brother. Hopefully its something like a fuse.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member

No it waits after awhile then it comes on But once it's on, even if I reset the car it'll come right back on with the old o2 still in there It runs perfect with a new o2 until just driving after a couple of weeks it comes back on

basspro302

Established Member
Poor O2 placement. Water is getting inside the stainless steel O2 sensor cover and hitting the heated ceramic tip, fracturing it and destroying the O2. Move the O2 sensor to a more optimal location like how Kooks and OE has it.

Well i would have to agree with Shaun he knows these cars.

I dont have experience with pypes headers so i was speaking from a mechanic stand point you can ohm out heater on the o2 to see if is open.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Well i would have to agree with Shaun he knows these cars.

I dont have experience with pypes headers so i was speaking from a mechanic stand point you can ohm out heater on the o2 to see if is open.

Appreciate the help brother! I will let him know and see if he can relocate the bungs. Why do only some cars have this issue? A lot of guys have issues with o2 extensions and on our 12 we made our own extensions lol. Never any codes from that as well and been on for almost 5 years.

basspro302

Established Member
It has to do with current the widebands use its a verysmall amount that the pcm is looking at which also makes them hard to diagnose. The pcm is looking at milliamps so if you change the length of wire you are also changing the resistance in that circuit which changes current flow.

Also widebands are heated to around 1200 degrees which makes them sensitive to placement more so than narrow bands.

Users who are viewing this thread