Car stuttered then stalled?!

CobraKid04

Established Member
I was driving around today and stopped for a haircut. When I came back out and started it up, it stuttered and then turned off (unless I stayed on the gas). I did this twice and decided to try and make it home. I drove for like 30 seconds and it was fine. I thought it was a spark plug, seeing as I haven't changed those yet, or the MAF. She runs fine now, just that one time. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Mike

CobraKid04

Established Member
any codes? check your plugs and gap should be .035 hopefully you have tr6's. clean the maf.

No codes, My plugs have never been changed on the car. I was planning on doing it in the next couple weeks.

KILRSVT

Established Member
you should at least pull them out check the electrode. to give a sign on the how the car is running and the shape of plug. do you have tr6's.

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
Check you inlet tube for cracks or holes. I had the same problem. It would be ok running down the highway but when I'd stop at a red light or something it would stutter and then stall. I had a crack in my (stock) rubber inlet pipe that was sucking in unmeasured air. It might be running fine now because the crack could have shifted to where its closed and not sucking in any air right now. check it out.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I see you have a upper pulley,you need to go to a colder plug.TR6 or TR6ix.You might want to change the fuel filter,clean the air filter and maf.While your at it,check for any possible vac leaks.

CobraKid04

Established Member
What plugs does everyone suggest?

I am leaning towards NGK TR7IX Iridium Spark Plugs.
http://www.lethalperformance.com/03-04-svt-cobra-ignition-spark-plugs-c-16_690_1527/ngk-tr7ix-iridium-spark-plugs-set-of-8-p-14156

I know alot of people run TR6 but, I don't want to change them all the time (hear they don't last long).
http://www.lethalperformance.com/03-04-svt-cobra-ignition-spark-plugs-c-16_690_1527/ngk-tr6-v-power-spark-plugs-set-of-8-p-5779

Then there are TR6 Iridium
http://www.lethalperformance.com/03-04-svt-cobra-ignition-spark-plugs-c-16_690_1527/ngk-tr6-iridium-spark-plugs-set-of-8-p-5778

What is the difference between TR6 Iridium and TR7 Iridium?

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
What plugs does everyone suggest?

I am leaning towards NGK TR7IX Iridium Spark Plugs.
NGK TR7IX Iridium Spark Plugs (Set of 8) [TR7IX] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

I know alot of people run TR6 but, I don't want to change them all the time (hear they don't last long).
NGK TR6 V-Power Spark Plugs (Set of 8) [TR6] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Then there are TR6 Iridium
NGK TR6 Iridium Spark Plugs (Set of 8) [TR6IX] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

What is the difference between TR6 Iridium and TR7 Iridium?

The 7 is one step colder than the 6.I`m running the TR6ix,the iridiums idle a little smoother in my experiance.

CobraKid04

Established Member
The 7 is one step colder than the 6.I`m running the TR6ix,the iridiums idle a little smoother in my experiance.

Wouldn't you want to run the coldest plug? Also, I heard your suppose to use copper with a supercharger. Do you like your plugs, any problems?

Users who are viewing this thread