Car stumbling hard at startup

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
I've finally got my Mach 1 all back together with the new motor and turbo setup. I've worked with my tuner to get a baseline tune to put break-in miles on it but I'm dealing with an issue at start-up I would like to get resolved.

When the car is cold (and even when warm sometimes but not as severe), it will stumbled pretty hard for the first 2-5 seconds between 400-600 rpm. It will then correct itself and start idling strong at 1k after that. I haven't really driven the car, only heat cycled it a couple times to check for leaks/noises/etc and to datalog for my remote tune. All seems well there and it makes 100+ PSI of oil pressure when cold and around 35 psi at operating temp. It's pulling anywhere from 10-15 psi of vacuum at idle. I'm unsure if I have a vacuum leak or if that's just from the rings not seating yet.

I'm not sure where I should start to try and resolve the issue or if it could be tune related. I've datalogged it and the fuel pressure is rock solid while it's doing this so I don't think it's fuel related.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
Well, after talking with my tuner, sounds like this is just a side effect of having an aftermarket fuel system. I have my pumps wired to prime like the stock pumps. I have been turning the key on, then waiting a sec for my aeroforce gauges to kick on but in that amount of time, I must have some bleedback through the pumps and there is low pressure at the rails. If I turn the key on and crank while they're still priming, it fires right up.

Users who are viewing this thread