Car spins terribly after installing bmr springs and stickier tires

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Wrong springs if you wanted traction. Add lower control arms. Go to a 18” tire instead of a 20” and go to R888 or drag radial.

Good luck.

Coz

Established Member
Premium Member
I can't see how stiff springs in the front will result in the inability of the front end to rise. Shocks with rebound adjustment on firm may slow down rise in the front end.

I would recommend you take it to a shop that has experience with S197s. There may be others that are closer but Brenspeed in Illinois is about 3 hours from you.

*Predator*

Established Member
No. Not anti squat. Car doesn't really squat much now. I want the front end to be able to come up. It's too tight. Does not transfer.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
ok, so the hole you use is a function of the wntire suspension setup.

using the bottom hols is not necessarily wrong if you also relocate the upperand move the instant center rearward. the point where the mounting holes and their imaginary line meet is your instant center. where that point sits in relation to you car's squat line determines either the anti-squat or sqatting of the rear suspension.

its a lot more complicated than just selecting a hole.

assasinator

Established Member
using the lower hole can be right if you WANT rear axle seperation. usually just raising the instant center like that doesnt solve traction issues. as others have said it can pound your tires hard and actually hop them.

if you select the lower hole you need compliant tires. you need stiff rear shocks and also moderate rear springs. you need to relocate your upper control are point a little also. it will have the effect of placing all of teh car's weight on teh tires and pushing them into the pavement.

assasinator

Established Member
front end springs can only help, they cant do the job by themselves, and in face a well setup rear only gets SOME help from a compliant front. some. like the last little bit. you can hit 1.4x-1.5x in these cars with stock fronts and struts.

assasinator

Established Member
No. Not anti squat. Car doesn't really squat much now. I want the front end to be able to come up. It's too tight. Does not transfer.

get rear upper mounts and move teh instant center rearward. weight will transfer then. i guarantee it.

Users who are viewing this thread