Car spins terribly after installing bmr springs and stickier tires

*Predator*

Established Member
So my car is a 14 gt m6 pretty much stock with off road X-pipe and corsa extremes. I installed the BMR Performance springs which are supposed to be a balance of a drag spring and daily spring. Also installed adjustable panhard bar and LCA relocation brackets along with some Rovos Durban wheels with Michelin pilot super sport tires. Tires are much softer then stock and are 275/35/20 so much wider as well. Yet suddenly after these mods the car barely transfers and even from a 2nd gear roll of I stab it it blows the tires off. What's going on? Hooked up better on the skinny ass stock pirelli rubber bands ...

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't think it's the width of the tire making you spin, because the wider the better to put the power down.
I think it may be the style tire you have back there. Have you tried a sticker tire?

sono

Established Member
Sounds like the springs are stiffer. Double check the rates. Stiff = spin

=

*Predator*

Established Member
As stated tires way softer. The springs do seem really stiff. Supposed to be a drag spring but also good for street . Guess that's a false advertisement ..

paulyboy928

Established Member
Huh... I have the sport springs, relos, and mpss and the traction is great. I do have 295/35/19s, though. Are you tires warm? Also, what type of pavement do you drive on?

Keep in mind it's almost impossible to completely eliminate spinning and hook each time you do a pull. I still find myself spinning from a 2nd gear roll on certain occasions.

*Predator*

Established Member
It's something in the suspension Gotta be these springs are just too stiff. Car doesn't even transfer with them on.

clinton2003

Established Member
If those springs lower the car your angles get all messed up. May need some lca relo brackets and/or adjustable upper or lower control arms to help get the angles back where they need to be.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
If those springs lower the car your angles get all messed up. May need some lca relo brackets and/or adjustable upper or lower control arms to help get the angles back where they need to be.

he says he has the lower arm relocation brackets, if theyre adjustable Im guessing wrong hole

OP why dont you try calling BMR, I thought they were supposed to have good support

clinton2003

Established Member
he says he has the lower arm relocation brackets, if theyre adjustable Im guessing wrong hole

OP why dont you try calling BMR, I thought they were supposed to have good support
must have missed that. Everything else is still relevant though.

*Predator*

Established Member
Both times tried calling no answer and voicemail is full. Will try again tomorrow if open. I'd think the relocation brackets should correct the pinion angle from lowering

*Predator*

Established Member
Right now I have the control arms in the middle relocation bracket hole. Is there certain setups that the top or bottom hole. Is a better idea?

scotmach

Established Member
The bottom hole wouldn't work as it will hit the tires to hard. You want the control arms either parallel or slightly lower in the rear.

Those tires also aren't helping. Not nearly enough side wall.

*Predator*

Established Member
Tried top hole. Stock control arms won't fit in top hole. Guess in ordering some BMR lowers.

Last edited:

*Predator*

Established Member
The bottom hole wouldn't work as it will hit the tires to hard. You want the control arms either parallel or slightly lower in the rear.

Tires are more then adequate. I had nitto street tires on the same size wheel before on my 11 gt and it hooked up way better. These tires are much stickier on a car making much less power. That car was on stock springs though. It actually transfered.

clinton2003

Established Member
you change one thing, you have to correct the rest of the suspension. you may need some adjustable shocks to compliment the springs.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Spinning is going to be hard to avoid with your setup. 275/35/20 Michelins may have a stickier compound tire, but has a much harder sidewall. So, it's not going to be forgiving at all for taking off from a dead stop, however, they are more designed to keep you out of the ditches in the corners. Springs and lower control arms are only part of the battle. Your roll center in the rear is still pretty high with a stock mount height panhard bar (adjustable or not). Also, when you lower the car, you lower the roll center in the front as well. If you want to stick out of the hole, either go with a taller and softer sidewall tire in the rear or its start to dig into setting your suspension geometry with some more adjustable pieces. Cortex does a great talk on anti-squat and anti-dive on youtube through /Drive. I'd recommend checking that out.

Last edited:

scotmach

Established Member

Tires are more then adequate. I had nitto street tires on the same size wheel before on my 11 gt and it hooked up way better. These tires are much stickier on a car making much less power. That car was on stock springs though. It actually transfered.
I guess you have everything figured out then. But you were the one looking for advice.

Users who are viewing this thread