Car Show Display

RI_2011_GT

Established Member
Has anyone looked into this before? Or do you use someone else?

A single color powder coated stand is $355 + shipping. I stock LOTS of colors and if you've got a color I haven't matched up before, I'll send you my color charts so you can pick it out.

The design work on a poster, which includes a final laminated print, is $100. I just need a few pics of the car and the other info you want displayed. I'll come up with a draft for you to look at and make any changes you'd like to. We'll go back and forth like that until you're happy with it.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Brian Pancoast
BPowderHouse.com
BP-Art-Design.com

RISaleen281

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member

A single color powder coated stand is $355 + shipping. I stock LOTS of colors and if you've got a color I haven't matched up before, I'll send you my color charts so you can pick it out.

The design work on a poster, which includes a final laminated print, is $100. I just need a few pics of the car and the other info you want displayed. I'll come up with a draft for you to look at and make any changes you'd like to. We'll go back and forth like that until you're happy with it.

Brian Pancoast
BPowderHouse.com
BP-Art-Design.com

Greg, I worked with John at Car Show Display Stands - Produx Company

He was great to work with and the stand was a lot cheaper than the one you're looking into.

Badass02GT

Established Member
I had a buddy design mine and had it printed locally for a total of $40(already had a frame). I went to Michaels craft store and got a wooden folding 2 sided art easel for $22 that I have to cut down, paint and will have my show board on one side and dash plaques, window sticker and what ever else on the other.

My2003Mach1

Established Member
I had a buddy design mine and had it printed locally for a total of $40(already had a frame). I went to Michaels craft store and got a wooden folding 2 sided art easel for $22 that I have to cut down, paint and will have my show board on one side and dash plaques, window sticker and what ever else on the other.

GREAT idea !:) i wont steel it but gave me a good idea:)

My2003Mach1

Established Member
I have been emailing with Jon from Produx today about getting a few displays built and designed....

WONDER if we can do a group order! I Love this! professional!
(ill just want to ADD a lil bit more to my "sign" LOL )

couple PICS and IMPORTANT parts list :) you know like a teaser! :beer:

Come looky but no touchy!

RISaleen281

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
WONDER if we can do a group order! I Love this! professional!
(ill just want to ADD a lil bit more to my "sign" LOL )

couple PICS and IMPORTANT parts list :) you know like a teaser! :beer:

Come looky but no touchy!

We'll need a billboard for your parts list Jon...haha :pop:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
i worked with a buddy who was good at graphic design, came up with the below print:

Cobra-1.jpg

Took that to staples, had it printed on a foam board and bought a tripod stand. All in, I have under $150 invested.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Greg, I worked with John at Car Show Display Stands - Produx Company

He was great to work with and the stand was a lot cheaper than the one you're looking into.

That big black plastic thing might fit in my trunk.. Do you just put gallons of water in it or a bunch of heavy sand to make sure some 4yr old doesn't knock it over?

Took that to staples, had it printed on a foam board and bought a tripod stand. All in, I have under $150 invested.

I like your poster! , but how does that tripod do when a big gust of wind comes along? Do you weigh it down with something?

Brian Pancoast
BPowderHouse.com
BP-Art-Design.com

Hey, I know that guy....

My stands aren't the cheapest ones out there, but they have a couple features that other stands don't.

First of all they're strong! The last thing anyone needs at a show if for their display board to fall over in the wind and damage their car. Or worse yet, someone else's car!

I'm 6'4" and 250lbs and I can literally hang off of my stands. Probably a little over engineered, but hey... no swaying in the wind with this one!

Another nice feature about my stands is it's portability. 3 years ago when I was looking for a show stand for myself. All I could find was these little A-frame things that sit down by the tire. Who wants to kneel down and read your poster??

Anything that stood up tall had a small display area and was only made in one piece. I drive 700+ miles one way to Fabulous Fords Forever car show every year with the Mrs and our luggage, I can't have a huge stand taking up all of my trunk space!

My stands easily breaks down into 3 pieces and will fit in the trunks' of the smallest vehicles. I had a guy at the 50th Shelby birthday bash that put one in the trunk of his 2-seat Shelby Cobra, w/ luggage!

Packed right, I put 5 of them in the trunk of my '08 GT500 and drove to Reno w/ luggage and a passenger. They're on display at the firemen's museum in Virginia City, NV.

The top section has a tough piece of acrylic that protects the 24" wide x 18" tall poster, that is mounted with stainless steel and aluminum hardware.

The $100 for a poster includes all of the back and forth design work on the poster and a final full size, laminated print, delivered!

I've already matched tons of Ford colors to powder coating and anything I haven't matched, I will send you my color charts and you can pick your color yourself. I also cut vinyl and can customize your display board with stripes and/or decals.

Here's a stand we did for Stangnet's project, "Built to Cruise".

so $455 for a stand and a sign?

Yikes, that sounds way high.

Not when you consider I have to:

-Buy 4'x10' sheets of aluminum in varying thicknesses,
-transport them,
-sheer them,
-bend them
-weld them,
-Drill 62 holes and counter sink them (21 of those holes in acrylic glass)
-sand the scratches out of them
-degrease them
-dry them
-media blast them,
-pressure wash them,
-dry them
-powder coat them with a nice powder coating gun,
-heat them in a 20K watt oven
-provide large sheets of UV resistant acrylic glass
-provide stainless steel and aluminum hardware
-package up, in shrink wrap, cardboard padding and kraft paper, in double ply custom ordered boxes
-and ship em out.

That also includes the poster, which I have to:

-photoshop out your car from the pictures you provide
-I take the reflections out of the windows and can even remove the reflection of your kids hot wheels that's gleaming off of your door.
-add all the text, and other supplied info
-then present it to you for editing.
-Then it's shrink this, change the color on that, and we go back and forth until you're happy with it
-I send the file off and have it printed on heavy card stock and then have it hot laminated so it won't get ruined when it starts to drizzle at the car show.
-Price of the poster included delivery anywhere in the US too.

I've made stands for Ford, Shelby, Chevrolet, Toyota, and Audi. We've been on display at SEMA since 2010! A couple weeks ago I built a stand for the "Back to the Future" DeLorean!

My stands also include a "Book Lip" that can be bolted to the top section of the stand to hold a book or photo album.

Along with powder coating and vinyl cutting, we also do hydro graphics printing, custom painting, and CNC plasma cutting. :)

I make stands for Shelby American that are available with cut out logos and LED lighting options. They look nice hanging on your garage wall when not using them at shows too.

Also do the coating on Bob's Auto Sports oil separators.

These wheels were sent to me by Shelby back when they still had Alcoa's. Ended up selling these to another one of their parts suppliers.

Done some test samples for True Forged.

So whether you need your intake dipped in a snake pattern,

or maybe a nice carbon fiber pattern,

or you need your True Forged jack pad powder coated,

or you need your brakes re-powder coated,

or want to get your front splitter hydro dipped, (before wet sanding and buffing)

or need your coil covers powder coated and/or polished

or maybe just need a chromed out, or carbon fibered up stand,

hit me up. :beer: If you guys can get 5 or more orders together, I'll do a group rate of 20% OFF.

-Brian

Last edited:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
damn, that's an impressive set up.....if i ever have cash to burn, i'll be contacting you. Some impressive work

as for my stand, I secure it to the ground with a couple of ground stakes so it doesn't blow away. I haven't had any issues yet. when I am on pavement i simply take my detail bin and stick it on the tripod

Impressive work either way, that's about as nice as it gets and looks like its well worth the $

Users who are viewing this thread