Car selling tips

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
What's going on guys/gals? So my dad and I are about to put his 09 Shelby up for sale and was wondering what's realistic when it comes to rides and just other things in general? I know we will say no joy rides but do you guys not let anyone drive your prized possession unless they show money or what? Car only has sub 9,XXX miles and about 730rwhp.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Say serious buyers will be taken for a ride, but no driving it unless they have a bank check in hand. Even then I would probably only do it if they say convincingly that they have driven a car before with that kind of power.

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
Say serious buyers will be taken for a ride, but no driving it unless they have a bank check in hand. Even then I would probably only do it if they say convincingly that they have driven a car before with that kind of power.

That's what we were thinking but wasn't sure if that was unrealistic or anything. I understand the right buyer won't have an issue with that.

Adower

Established Member
Go get it detailed and don't drive the thing again until you have buyers interested. First impressions can mean a lot.

nxhappy

Established Member
return it to stock, so you don't lose your ass ....

BladeX10

Established Member
When it comes to high HP cars, dont let just anyone drive it. I remember when i was selling my 1998 bolt on Camaro Z28, I let this guy take it for a test drive and he went onto the freeway and floored it while still mid turn. We did a ****ing 180 onto the damn freeway, I've never been more terrified in my life. I cant even imagine handing the keys to a 700RWHP car to some random person.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Verification of funds.
Trade funds for test drive. If they return it as is they can choose not to purchase. If they floor it, break something, or lose control of vehicle they bought it.

Users who are viewing this thread