"Car Sale Hearing" Summons Notice?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
if you've got a bill of sale I wouldn't sweat it.

My uncle sold some kid a car, kid never registered it. My uncle got a call a few months later being chased for a bunch of bills because it was abandon in a storage unit. The newer titles here have a part you can tear off and mail in yourself when you sell a car (or print out a form).

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Call the dealership where you traded and have them trace the paperwork. I had to do that at the dealerahip i worked out over a DMV tag stop. Turned out we were at fault. You may luck out.

Sent from my LG V30 ThinQ using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
What were you at fault for, if you don't mind my asking?

I tried calling the dealership, but it's the same place I've been battling since mid 2017. Things got ugly and I'm probably on a "do not deal with this guy" list with them (called them out on unethical, crooked business practices when a sales manager got nasty towards me, made sure customers heard). Might just show up unannounced. Their Google reviews have the typical "5-star I bought a car and they were nice to me" reviews, peppered with 1-star "wow this place is crooked after the sale." It was the place that slapped a 2nd lien on my wife's Wrangler (RIP) without telling us.
The customers insurance was not verified before issuing a dmv temp 30 day tag.

Sent from my LG V30 ThinQ using the svtperformance.com mobile app

nxhappy

Established Member
you need to show the court release of liability. unfortunately you might have to spend some time in court.

Dave.O

Established Member
This happens more than you think.
Exgf got a letter from Chelsea impound lot in NYC telling her the car she trading in 3 yrs earlier at an infinity dealer was racking up storage fees.
Apparently they never retitled the car at or after trade in auction and it was probably being driven around with bogus plates for who knows how long.
She ignored it and they probably re auctioned it.
Many dealers fudge their paper work and /or are crooked

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
...dude, you need to find Jesus and offer him the best BJ you’ll ever give. You have the worst luck. And just an FYI if you find Jesus at either Lowe’s or Home Depot, it’s not the right Jesus.

4D457F61-1DA3-496B-A13F-C006C6076CA3.jpeg

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I do. I did more digging, the rider died in an accident last month two towns over from me. Looks like there's a problem somewhere in the paperwork trail and I'm being summoned to prove I'm not the owner anymore.

Wasn't the rider's fault, I fixed my first post's wording.
Going to court with the paperwork is going to be nothing more than an inconvenience on your part.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
One good thing about PA is you have to transfer titles at a notary. It is expensive, but at least the title transfer is documented and things like this never happen. Good luck OP.

Users who are viewing this thread