Car runs better w/ PCV disconnected ?!?

NEOH1

Established Member
Hey guys, I was doing a search and wanted to revive this old thread, which is good stuff. Any pics of this screen would be neat to see. I'll bet someone will be cleaning it this spring. :beer:

Fast93

HP 76GTS
Established Member
Have you thought about a new IAC and adding an IAC adjuster? The adjuster is cheap, and is a ford part. It's a common fix for a common problem. FFT.

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
Anyone notice that the PCV valve has 2 main sources of vacuum line before it T's into 1 line and feeds the valve it self?
What do you guys think would happen if I remove the hard line that is screwed into the manifold next to the valve cover? You guys know which one I am talking about? And just feed the PCV valve with 1 vacuum line. This would make it easier for me to clear bigger valve covers. The PCV valve would still have main source vacuum from the intake. Any ideas why it was 2 sources?

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
yea i got a 87 lx, and it used to do the same thing sometimes after i started it, it used to start fine usually the first time, then after its warm a restart would make the idle go from like almost nothing to 900ish, then finally slowly stabilize to like 800, and then it just started bogging and dieng unless u held the revs up for a few seconds. Then after the pcv valve was pulled, turns out the screen was dirty with build up... after cleaning it out, the car idled great.

Users who are viewing this thread