Car ramps

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
The only thing I have bad to say about Race Ramps are that they probably won't last 10 years. The thin candy shell which encases the foam will deform and separate. Rhino ramps are great and durable, but I don't think they make a ramp for low cars.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I've got a set of rhino ramps and they work fine. They were pretty cheap from walmart a few years back but the lowest anything you are getting on them is a Focus ST.

Race Ramps are definitely the nicest but man they are pricey.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Man was looking at the Race ramps but sucks they don't have too many options for light duty trucks. Not buying the one for RVs at $1.5k...

Seems most of their ramsp max out at 1.5lb each ramp

_Snake_

Established Member
Man was looking at the Race ramps but sucks they don't have too many options for light duty trucks. Not buying the one for RVs at $1.5k...

Seems most of their ramsp max out at 1.5lb each ramp

I've been using mine on a 2011 Chevy 1500 2wd for close to 7 years with no structural issues. Hope that helps.

Cobra Jet

Established Member
I have "Rhino" ramps - have had them for 15+ years, never an issue. They have the stop bar at the top so you can "feel" when the front wheels touch... but that's not to say a power peddler can't drive off them either.... :)

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Rhino ramps here, had them for over 25 years, work great, but to tend to slide on smooth surface unfortunately

Excellent choice but mine barely get under car and raise it but not enough to comfortably get your body under.

O.P. should make his daughter buy him new ramps.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
The only thing I have bad to say about Race Ramps are that they probably won't last 10 years. The thin candy shell which encases the foam will deform and separate. Rhino ramps are great and durable, but I don't think they make a ramp for low cars.
11 years old and still like brand new. I own 3 vehicles and do my own basic maintenance so they see regular use. They definitely make ramps for lowered cars too. When I bought mine I had to get the optional ramp extenders to keep from scraping. They have ramps now where the extenders are no longer necessary. Race Ramps = (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

U.M.

IMG_4840.jpg

IMG_4870.jpg

IMG_4864.jpg

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
11 years old and still like brand new. I own 3 vehicles and do my own basic maintenance so they see regular use. They definitely make ramps for lowered cars too. When I bought mine I had to get the optional ramp extenders to keep from scraping. They have ramps now where the extenders are no longer necessary. Race Ramps = (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

U.M.

View attachment 1772140
View attachment 1772142
View attachment 1772143
Yeah, I think for light duty they'll probably hold up ok for many years, but if manhandled, the foam casing will separate from the innards

Users who are viewing this thread