Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
846bd7851628f2aeabd143defcc5c45b.jpg

1fe2b81151f90bf2fcf1b2ccc54a3467.jpg

Hellcat widebody. Base msrp said $59k
$20k optional “super stock” package!

And i didnt see where the rest of the price came from. Didnt see any adm on the sticker. Should have grabbed a pic of it.
It was an auto so thats prob $3k.
Maybe interior, sound system and other “safety” options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
I never noticed before but are those flares separate from the body as in not molded in????? If so, is it truly a widebody?

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@Steve@TF Nice car, Ive been to that dealer a few times, my biggest pet peeves of all is when dealers install front lic. plate and drill the front bumper, I have no clue why some dealers choose to do this, i have even seen this done on a gt500! OMG that is a easy way to loose customers, i will not touch a car where the front bumper has been drilled. @13COBRA Nick, why do some dealer do this? mayby I'm just being picky and most customers don't mind?

Some states, like Missouri, it's a requirement to have two plates, unless you have a Super Duty and can register heavy tags and just have one.

Depends on the vehicle.

I sold my 2013 Raptor to carvana a few months back with 96,000 miles on it and they gave me $32,400

to put it in perspective, a year earlier when it only had 75,000 miles the going rate for trade/ personal sale was right about $27-28,000

needless to say I jumped at their offer. Even if I factor in what I lost in sales tax credit, I still figured I came out ahead by $3000

I would've given $35k for it today.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
If Cali requires front plates then technically yes. they are suppose to. But those kind of dealers know their customers dont want that so they may not.

Another way around this is to make sure the car is originally sold and registered in a one plate state. Then you can play the fudge game by going to your local brand dealer getting a bogus sale receipt that says it is on back order I knew of a local Huracan owner that did this for 6 + years by having it then in 4-6 months making another. He had a cop thinking he had something until he produced that and basically told him how the court would rip him a new one for wasting their time LOL. I did this same exact thing for my SS when I got it in 2019 but thankfully Ohio has chucked the front plate and so only has rear plates.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Another way around this is to make sure the car is originally sold and registered in a one plate state. Then you can play the fudge game by going to your local brand dealer getting a bogus sale receipt that says it is on back order I knew of a local Huracan owner that did this for 6 + years by having it then in 4-6 months making another. He had a cop thinking he had something until he produced that and basically told him how the court would rip him a new one for wasting their time LOL. I did this same exact thing for my SS when I got it in 2019 but thankfully Ohio has chucked the front plate and so only has rear plates.
We've done the whole backordered thing a time or two..

Sent from my Potato

Balt21

Established Member
When I bought my Jeep Gladiator this past fall, I had a bad experience with my local dealer and ended up buying from a dealer an hour away that was pretty painless and laid back.

The local guy didn't really want to negotiate or give me solid numbers. He gave me a broad range on trade and said that I wouldn't find a better price on the new Jeep since they were already just above invoice (and he showed me a random number from some 5 inch binder with hundreds of pages in it of all their vehicles). He justified the low range on my trade (2016 STi) by telling me that it would be hard to resell because "those tuner cars are usually beat to death, not saying yours has been, and no one will want it." I tried asking how much better they could do on either the trade or new car and he said "I'll go to bat for you if you're going to buy today, but we aren't in the business of practicing filling out paperwork and running numbers if you aren't going to buy today." At that point, I told him I would have to think about it and left. 2 days later I went to another dealer and bought a Jeep with a $3K higher MSRP for literally $12.00 more than what the local dealer was offering for his Jeep and I got $2,000 more on trade than the highest number in the range he gave me.

I'm not a salesman, but I would think insulting your potential customer's current car and then giving them an ultimatum before you "go to bat for them" are things you want to avoid. I know what he was trying to say about the trade, but it still isn't a good look IMO and used STi's (in my area at least) hold their value very well and sell quick.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
My state requires it. I just don’t run one lol. The “thin blue line” sticker seems to go along way around here.

noco5.0

Established Member
Weather man glad you had a good experience and congrats on the Redeye. Trust me there were shady Dodge dealers all over the place when the Hellcat first came out. I was sucked in by the hype and was hell bent on getting a Hellcat but refused to pay ADM so settled for a Scat Pack. I ended up buying a Hellcat a year later outside of Wichita, Kansas for a good price since the Colorado dealers were all still charging a markup. I think you nailed it with the statement the Hellcat/Redeye has been out for a number of years and hasn't changed all that much. Hopefully the GT500 is out there for awhile and prices come down but that doesn't seem to be Fords business model.

No way I would let a dealer drill holes for the license plate bracket on my car. My Boss 302 and Hellcat have the StonSho license plate holder which I can remove when not needed without damaging the bumper.

STO N SHO Removable Quick-Release Front License Plate Bracket

Last edited:

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
The only thing I can figure is that the powers that are in control at Ford are embarrassed about selling muscle cars.

"Do you really want a GT500 when you could have a Mustang Mach E? It's a Mustang too and it's electric! It's fast!"

Oh let's not open that can of worms again

But is it a "Golden Ticket" CFTP?

Congrats on that car! Every passing day they get more and more tempting.

And my experience has been the same with Ford and Dodge dealerships. Ford acts like they don't even want your business on the higher end cars, like they'd rather have them sit in the showroom than sell them. Even on the lower trim cars they're very "take it or leave it" with what they have on the lot, and even if you do want it, they like playing number games. Dodge is eager to sell anything to you, and even throw money at you in the process.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
When I bought my Jeep Gladiator this past fall, I had a bad experience with my local dealer and ended up buying from a dealer an hour away that was pretty painless and laid back.

The local guy didn't really want to negotiate or give me solid numbers. He gave me a broad range on trade and said that I wouldn't find a better price on the new Jeep since they were already just above invoice (and he showed me a random number from some 5 inch binder with hundreds of pages in it of all their vehicles). He justified the low range on my trade (2016 STi) by telling me that it would be hard to resell because "those tuner cars are usually beat to death, not saying yours has been, and no one will want it." I tried asking how much better they could do on either the trade or new car and he said "I'll go to bat for you if you're going to buy today, but we aren't in the business of practicing filling out paperwork and running numbers if you aren't going to buy today." At that point, I told him I would have to think about it and left. 2 days later I went to another dealer and bought a Jeep with a $3K higher MSRP for literally $12.00 more than what the local dealer was offering for his Jeep and I got $2,000 more on trade than the highest number in the range he gave me.

I'm not a salesman, but I would think insulting your potential customer's current car and then giving them an ultimatum before you "go to bat for them" are things you want to avoid. I know what he was trying to say about the trade, but it still isn't a good look IMO and used STi's (in my area at least) hold their value very well and sell quick.

I guarantee either that salesman was 50+ years old, or he was trained by a guy who was/is 50+ years old. Definitely old school mentality to get some sort of commitment before giving hard numbers.

Reasoning behind it is they can give you their best price on the Jeep and best trade in value on your STi....then you can take that piece of paper to another dealer and they will beat it by $50. At that point, you're already at the second store so you might as well do it.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
But you've gotta know going in that those internet prices always include a combination of every single price incentive/promotion they've got going on; a combo that not any one person can qualify for everything.

The internet price is the "get you in the door" price

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

My local dealer actually beat their own internet price on my Mustang. Came another 500$ off of it

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I guarantee either that salesman was 50+ years old, or he was trained by a guy who was/is 50+ years old. Definitely old school mentality to get some sort of commitment before giving hard numbers.

Reasoning behind it is they can give you their best price on the Jeep and best trade in value on your STi....then you can take that piece of paper to another dealer and they will beat it by $50. At that point, you're already at the second store so you might as well do it.

Pretty much why the dealer dance is what it is. The factories have crunched the numbers and if a customer interacts and gets numbers and walks out the door, 98% chance you will never see them again.

Even when I went into the Dodge store and got numbers, the sales manager made a last ditch pitch to get me to commit. It is how dealers dance the dance that separates the good ones from the bad ones.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Pretty much why the dealer dance is what it is. The factories have crunched the numbers and if a customer interacts and gets numbers and walks out the door, 98% chance you will never see them again.

Even when I went into the Dodge store and got numbers, the sales manager made a last ditch pitch to get me to commit. It is how dealers dance the dance that separates the good ones from the bad ones.

Yeah, it's super annoying. When we work a deal, I give my best option that I'm willing to do. At that point, I'm not going to change it because it would make me a liar.

Users who are viewing this thread